Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

reaction to run and sweat causing whole body rash, itching
Quote | Reply
This used to happen to me once, twice a year but lately much more frequently. it is usually while iam running (used to be tennis and a couple of times biking) but always while exercising and sweating. i start to itch and by the time i get home my entire body is red with rash type hives and itches like crazy. i always take a claritin and within a half hour it all comes down. anyone else go through anything similar?
Quote Reply
Re: reaction to run and sweat causing whole body rash, itching [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cholinergic urticaria most likely
Quote Reply
Re: reaction to run and sweat causing whole body rash, itching [skinmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reason for concern? any remedies? is it food related?
Quote Reply
Re: reaction to run and sweat causing whole body rash, itching [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is something called "exercise induced anaphylactic reaction", where the only time that you have an allergic reaction is when you are exercising. It's happened to me a couple of times when there is a combination of events that trigger the reaction. For me, it only occurred while running, never while biking. I'm not a doctor and not sure if this is your situation, but it's at least worth a "google search" to see if your symptoms are similar.
Quote Reply
Re: reaction to run and sweat causing whole body rash, itching [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mostly running for me too. thinking back i only remember one time while biking. how can you distinguish between the two conditions? (Exercise-induced urticaria or exercise induced anaphylactic reaction)
Last edited by: avikoren1: Dec 23, 23 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That happened to me 6 or 7 years ago a few times, probably 5 total. The kicker for me was that my eye lids would fill with water too. It didn't seem to matter if I was fully medicated for allergies or not, as it happened to me in both summer (fully medicated) and winter (not medicated). I went to see 2 different allergists and all testing was inconclusive for an actual cause. The second Dr I saw was a marathoner. He told me that he would write a prescription for an eppy pen if i wanted one to feel better about the whole thing. We discussed it and decided to not go that route. Thankfully, it's never happened again.
Quote Reply