Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

quick poll: triathlon magazines
Quote | Reply
Quick poll:

Triathlete, Triathlon Times, or Inside Triathlon? Others?

My subscription to Triathlete is about to expire, but I'm getting tired of reading what amounts to a little more than a catalogue each month.
Quote Reply
Re: quick poll: triathlon magazines [dopey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless Lew brings back Triathlon Today, I'm not subscribing to anything out there. The information is dated and biased. And on the negative side....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete.

I am pretty new to this game so can't comment on it's merits. I just like to keep in touch with the latest and greatest news, training tips, race reports etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inside triathlon and Triathlete are OK. I've learned a lot from Runner's world.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: quick poll: triathlon magazines [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've become a big fan of Runner's World. A nice balance between race reviews and broas tips and strategies for the everyday athlete.It will be interesting to see if inside tri improves in its content for age groupers with the merger. I am hopeful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete is good. They got a new photo editor at some point quite a while ago- I'm not even certain if that photo editor is still there. I noticed the difference instantly in the first issue the new editor was there. There were some beautiful photos.

-I just look at the pictures.... :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to subscribe to all of them. Now none. Little to no content, dated coverage, too many ads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete.
I'm now getting compie of InsideTri coming ot my door (something about a roll over from my AmericanTri subscription.)
I'm keeping Triathlete, but there isn't much in IT I find helpful. (plus, Triathlete has better advertisements.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete and velonews.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtri.com and the this forum keeps me up to date and most things triathlon or not related.

and Velonews at my house.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are all bad. I can get my news from misc. sites and all my questions answered here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the last 3-4 issues of Triathlete have been great. I used to think that Inside Tri was great, but the last 2 issues (since they announced their change in direction) have been terrible.
Quote Reply
Re: quick poll: triathlon magazines [Ken in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys be greatful now....... in the UK we have ONE mag called 220.

Its not too great either, i much prefer triathlete - but none of that ironman stuff, im only 19, still got a few years untill I have to think about that. :-)
Quote Reply