Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question about cytomax
Quote | Reply
does anyone else drink cytomax during rides? i just started about 2 weeks ago, and while i feel great during rides, my stomach starts feeling less-than-good about 1/2 hr post-ride.

anyone have any experience with this? does it go away with time and use? i don't want to have to give up cytomax, because i like the way i feel during the rides, but this post-ride problem is a deal-breaker.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never had a problem with it. I have been using it for a while now - since April 2004.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Cytomax. I've tried others and keep coming back. Perhaps you could experiment with the mix. Sometimes I go overboard and make it too strong, maybe that's what caused the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using CytoMax ever since it first came out in (YIPE!) the late '80s (holy crap...I can't POSSIBLY be that old!) =:o

Love the stuff. Have never had a problem. As someone else mentioned, though, if you mix it too concentrated, I can see that possibly not sitting well on your stomach. Try a lighter mix.

Peachy Keen, yummm....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TriBaby
"The rule is, jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but NEVER jam today." ---The White Queen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good stuff

but watch the concentration - more is not always better

Quote | Reply
I've used it off and on through the years, more on the past 5-6 than off...and I always keep coming back. It has never given me a problem though I admit I do now add some "nuun" to it to bump up the electrolyte levels (I'm a heavy sweater) and that seems to work even better.

You mention how you feel post-ride---are you running off the bike and feeling this? Are your rides extremely hard and/or in very hot weather? These can be contributing factors to post-workout queasiness as well.

Others have said it already---don't put in too much. But if you've just started using it and are experiencing issues you might need to experiment with some other drinks. One won't work for everybody.
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"are you running off the bike" --- nope

"Are your rides extremely hard?" --- yup

"in very hot weather?" --- yup

good catch, mike. it was so obvious, i don't know how i didn't think of it. i'll reserve my conclusions about whether or not cytomax is causing post-ride stomach issues until i use it when it's not unseasonably hot.

thanks. (none of the above should sound sarcastic, i really am appreciative and your post was really spot-on)

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your post-ride stomach issues are directly correlated to hot weather workouts, you might want to consider supplementing with salt tabs. I've experienced this same problem before. Do you find that, in addition to the queasiness, you're also craving something really salty like a piece of leftover pizza after these workouts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was so obvious, i don't know how i didn't think of it.

Trust me, we've all missed the obvious at one point or another! Glad to be of help...good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't use the double strength method. I add a little gatorade powder (1/3 of the amount one would use for the whole volume) and enough salt to bring the whole thing to 150mg sodium per 8 oz. (I'm a white line sweater.) THis has been working great for me on the long hot rides.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [TriBaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been using cyto for a long time as well off and on. Can't they use a decent container that keeps it fresh? I finally wised up and put the stuff in a separate concealed container (empty carbo pro). Last purchase though I waited for two days and the whole f....n thing was hard as a rock already. You run into the same problem? They say store in a cool dry place to avoid caking and use a spoon to break it up, but this shit is like a granite stone! Been meaning to give their customer service a call.
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Been using cyto for a long time as well off and on. Can't they use a decent container that keeps it fresh? I finally wised up and put the stuff in a separate concealed container (empty carbo pro). Last purchase though I waited for two days and the whole f....n thing was hard as a rock already. You run into the same problem? They say store in a cool dry place to avoid caking and use a spoon to break it up, but this shit is like a granite stone! Been meaning to give their customer service a call.

Oh, god yeah, I definitely have that problem! One thing that seems to help: I don't keep the scoop inside the container with the mix. For some reason that helps. I think perhaps because, despite my best efforts, I always manage to splash a tiny bit of water on the scoop when I use it, one way or another. If a single drop of water makes it inside the container, you're doomed! So far this seems to keep the powder from caking up.

It's interesting, too, to see how gunked up the scoop gets over a little time, just from having the powder residue on it and sitting out in the air (I just leave it sitting on top of the container). Have to rinse it off every week or so. Weird!

TriBaby
"The rule is, jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but NEVER jam today." ---The White Queen

Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a ready to drink bottle that was just released. It's on the lighter side of the concentration mix. As part of full disclosure, I'm working part-time right now selling the stuff to 7-11's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with TriBaby. I must be old as I've been using Cytomax off and on since the early '90's (does anyone remember Exceed Endurance drink). At present I mix it with some Accelerade to make a little "endurance cocktail" but I don't recall ever having GI issues when using it by itself.

Miguel in the 'No...El Tribato

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about to say "I saw RTD Cytomax at a 7-11 in Chicago. It was my first time ever seeing it and it was just last week."

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: question about cytomax [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, get to work on selling more to 7-11! I just discovered this at my local store, last night, I stopped in a different one on my way home from a group ride. NO CYTOMAX! Asked the clerk -"Cyto what?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply