Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

quarq elsa on felt b12, question on install
Quote | Reply
Good morning
I just purchased a quarq elsa and tried to install it last night on my bike, that is when I foud out the spindle is too long. After some searching I discovered I need to add additional spacers.
The power meter came with the spacer for the drive side, but no preload adjuster.I plan on ordering both online, but I have no idea what spacers to get, I found several on line ranging from 15mm to 1mm.
Here is where I need some help, can someone with a similar set up point me out to what I need to buy to make it work.
Here is what the spindle loooks like with the spacer installed on the DS:

Thanks
Last edited by: Art M.: Oct 3, 17 8:28
Quote Reply
Re: quarq elsa on felt b12, question on install [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just need to match the DS spacer to get the crank spindle centered. The DS spacer is typically about 13mm in total thickness, but is often referenced as an 11mm spacer. The NDS preload nut is about 5mm thick and normally supplied with a 5mm spacer.

If you have the proper DS spacer just measure what you have left for space on the NDS. I think a preload nut and 5mm spacer will get you close. Having some thin 1mm spacers on hand won't hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: quarq elsa on felt b12, question on install [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, after hunting for the parts online one of my buddies suggested I call Quarq. I did and they are sending me the necessary parts for the install, kudos to their customer service.
They are sending exactly what you said I needed a 5mm spacer and a preload adjuster, I still ordered a pack of 1mm spacers to have on hand for any fine adjustments.
Quote Reply
Re: quarq elsa on felt b12, question on install [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art M. wrote:
Thanks for the reply, after hunting for the parts online one of my buddies suggested I call Quarq. I did and they are sending me the necessary parts for the install, kudos to their customer service.
They are sending exactly what you said I needed a 5mm spacer and a preload adjuster, I still ordered a pack of 1mm spacers to have on hand for any fine adjustments.

That's good news. They have great customer service. Sorry. I could have pointed you to an online source for the preload adjuster.

When your parts come I'd suggest playing with the preload adjuster a bit to see how it functions before installing. There is a locking screw on the adjuster knob that you open before adjusting. The inside ring of the adjuster is threaded and works with a small flange expanding out to take up any gap between the crankarms/spacers and BB bearing cover.

I think the default Quarq installation has the 5mm ring against the NDS crankarm with the preload nut inboard and oriented so the tightening (expanding) arrow points clockwise when viewed from NDS.
Quote Reply