Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pt cable routing question
Quote | Reply
Question for PT owners:

All the pictures I have show the shark fin on the seat stay, is there any reason why I couldn't put it on the chain stay? that way I could run the cadence sensor and the shark using the same zip ties.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [kytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people report problems if the two cables are too close to one another so separate them a bit. Also, I use electrical tape instead of zip ties because the zip ties tend to bind the cables and eventually weaken them, though this takes a long time. SRM recommends electrical tape for it's high zoot system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i run mine on the chainstay, but do as SWoo says and not use zip ties.

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the responses, I'm going to try to move it tonight and see if it works ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just an FYI the health net team has all of there training bikes routed that way I believe.

Kurt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
thanks for the responses, I'm going to try to move it tonight and see if it works ok.
Be careful that the receiver is not in a place where your heel might hit it and knock it out of alignment, if you have it on your chainstay. Mine was put there by the guy who built up my bike. The original location was too close to the hub (causing dropouts) and also too close to my heel: I moved it forward and solved both problems.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup...no zip-ties, except for the reciever and mount themselves. Only tape on the wires. If I could ask them for one improvement on the harness...it would be ruggedized wiring.
Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea, that would be cool. But here is some anecdotal proof of the durability of PT. I have used one since late 1999 when it was Tune. I still have that wheel built into a MTB rim and I have never hurt the wheel or snagged a wire on any of my bikes.

Although, I have a SRM on my road and tri bikes.

Kurt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, my original Tune PT hub is still working fine from when i beta tested it, when they originally came out. It even survived one wet winter here, which was more than could be said for the (original) Ergomo i had.

My SL works fine in the rain, and hasn't had a problem since they started using the shark fin receiver

Ric

http://www.cyclecoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [Ric_Stern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine also has one of the original Tune hubs and two CPUs. It was working when he put it in storage but when he took it out of storage, it was dead. He already has an SRM but wants the PT to work so he can take it overseas where it will see only trainer use.

Any ideas?

[reply]Yep, my original Tune PT hub is still working fine from when i beta tested it, when they originally came out. It even survived one wet winter here, which was more than could be said for the (original) Ergomo i had.

My SL works fine in the rain, and hasn't had a problem since they started using the shark fin receiver

Ric[/reply]
Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [Bitey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy. The battery is dead.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He replaced all the batteries. From what he describes, the CPUs power on but don't pick up anything from the hub. I think he also tried different harnesses.
Quote Reply
Re: pt cable routing question [Bitey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he left the batteries in the hub during storage they may have leaked and damaged something. It's also possible to damage the hub unit if you are not careful when replacing the battery cover. Another option is that the *new* batteries he placed in the hub could have been *old* stock.
Quote Reply