Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I just wish I knew what was so overused about "OCD"??

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TeamBarenaked wrote:
did you mean to post this in the backdoor brag thread?

Nah, this is right through the front door while clanging cymbals together and shouting.
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The plan must never fail. Which of course breaks the 1st rule of planning - All plans fail upon execution. So, yeah how does an OCD deal with that reality?

That's why we probably see so many struggle and way under-perform, particularly at the the longer races like Ironman. These races rarely go to plan. Coaches go on and on about Race-day-execution, and a race-plan etc . . All key, but stuff happens, things start to go bad . . and then what? Those OCD types with only Plan-A in their head are hooped! Many good to great IM races, have been done on Plan-B and Plan-C. The highly and consistently successful triathlete knows when to go from one plan to the next - to maximize performance in a given situation. Whereas, many others will keep flailing away at Plan-A, and then it becomes a real disaster!

I just spoke to an athlete who had a bad race at IMH. We talked about this a great deal. She pays a coach a considerable amount of money. But none of the above was talked about at all. She thought it was just a matter of following the plan(A) and all would be good!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I like how you're color coordinated.

Thank you again for making me smile. Just Awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [robot_ap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why?
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Cool answer.
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile pics or it did not happen. :0)

Quote | Reply
Your road and Tri bike don't match. Choose either Specialized or Felt. #fail

Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [dgran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgran wrote:
TeamBarenaked wrote:

Nah, this is right through the front door while clanging cymbals together and shouting.

OK, I obviously totally framed the discussion and questions wrong. In rereading my OP the building the house and business stuff does seem braggy to me. Totally my bad--I included that because it has been a huge part of my life and taken tons of hours--hours that seriously impacted my training. My husband's point, and my reason for including it, is that if you're wired that way you gotta direct that energy somewhere. I thought many of you could relate to this, and perhaps the reason you came to doing multisport is because you also gotta direct that energy.

Big shout out to those of you who have actually offerred info. Thanks for having my back TriBeer:)

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So freakin' awesome.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cut out the coffee and bring up the sleep, assuming you want the most out of your machine
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool how much you prioritize your kids and wife--strong work.

The whiskey/whisky was pure sloppiness; I like 'em all, but I'm a JD whisky girl.

--------
Last edited by: luckytotri: Oct 26, 12 11:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"In rereading my OP the building the house and business stuff"

When I read this, it made me smile to hear someone doing so well and not hurting in this economy. Again, this made me smile.

Also, my husband says I'm a better person when I have a race scheduled and I'm training.
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SHIV = #fail I heard they were going to make an uglier bike, but ran out of time. Just what I heard...

Besides, the Tarmac was my first event bike ever and has been with me through thick and thin. It was actually a rental bike that I nagged them into selling me (then slightly modified for aesthetics). I'd burn the whole lot for the Tarmac (except for the FELT and the IsoTransitions. I would burn everything except the Tarmac, the FELT, and the shoes).

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still not sure I understand your seat angle . . . but whatever works for you, works for you. At least it matches the bar tape . . and that is key! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overused certainly doesn't mean there aren't appropriate applications. As you clearly demonstrate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I know why I can't find my shoe in the store anymore...
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
Generally just being nosey and keeping a catty eye on the competition.

if i'm being honest, i would have probably results stalked if anyone was in my AG, so i can't argue you're wrong. :)

Jaymz wrote:
Women constantly list 'sense of humour' at the top of the favoured attribute pile. Now you complain about it. We can't do anything right. I already knew that as well though. Ok, ok, I'll go and mow the lawn now .....

who said i was complaining? i have found your posts entertaining, no complaints...but, if you want to mow my lawn, that would be great too.

Jaymz wrote:
You also tricked me into reading your blog. It's listed in your signature on a triathlon forum, has a reading list containing running books and triathlon biographies, a menu button listing 'Training and Racing, a bucket list of races you wish to complete. And the home page? ...... 400 baby pictures.

Cute kid by the way ..... babies pretty much all look fat cheeked ugly and covered in some form of crust to me, so that's a compliment.

ha. thanks for the stat padding. ;)
the blog was much more triathlon related.....it will get there again, i'm sure. it's an evolution....and the last post was about triathlon. triathletes come in many varieties. now, i'm just the new mom triathlete variety.

http://www.hooslisa.com
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [hooslisa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had this conversation with a couple of people over the past few weeks. Mostly it has gone like this, "Why do you swim/bike/run so much?" "I like it, keeps me healthy and fit, and provides a mental escape." This somehow segways into a more broad conversation about human nature. Which leads us into a conversation about addiction. My argument is that humans need something to be addicted or have addictive personalities, to whether it is TV, reading, alcohol, exercise, whatever. I'm just glad that my addiction is in the form of a healthy one.

Isn't there a big hair rock song about this?

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Friday. I'm checked out. I'll play...

Hrs Training: 10-12
Job/Hrs: Marketing/32-35
Favorite Discipline: Bike
Least Favorite Discipline: Run
Main Distance: HIM
Bike: Cervelo P2
Scale of OCD: 9
Comfort w/Risk: 8.5
Biggest Food Craving: Pizza, but not regular pizza. Specifically, thin crust (rustica style) pesto, caramelized onion, eggplant, light mozzarella, pinenuts and a sprinkle of feta
Hrs.of Sleep: 7-8
Introvert/Extrovert: Extrovert, but when it comes to training I'm an introvert, only because I don't like training w/other people or groups
First thing I check out on Triathletes: ALWAYS the legs (to see if they are shaved)
Guilty Pleasure: a really good, soft, light and fluffy glazed doughnut hole

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
dgran wrote:
TeamBarenaked wrote:

OK, I obviously totally framed the discussion and questions wrong. In rereading my OP the building the house and business stuff does seem braggy to me. Totally my bad--I included that because it has been a huge part of my life and taken tons of hours--hours that seriously impacted my training. My husband's point, and my reason for including it, is that if you're wired that way you gotta direct that energy somewhere. I thought many of you could relate to this, and perhaps the reason you came to doing multisport is because you also gotta direct that energy.

Big shout out to those of you who have actually offerred info. Thanks for having my back TriBeer:)

Oh, really, just fuck them. Do Not Apologize to those nitwits. They have no lives so they pick apart the minutia of random posts on ST. Seriously. Don't give them the time of day.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [tomc249] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomc249 wrote:
your seats too high

+1 seats too high

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KyraMorgan wrote:
It's Friday. I'm checked out. I'll play...

Biggest Food Craving: Pizza, but not regular pizza. Specifically, thin crust (rustica style) pesto, caramelized onion, eggplant, light mozzarella, pinenuts and a sprinkle of feta
Introvert/Extrovert: Extrovert, but when it comes to training I'm an introvert, only because I don't like training w/other people or groups
First thing I check out on Triathletes: ALWAYS the legs (to see if they are shaved)

That sounds like the perfect pizza. Yum!

Not only do I look at the legs, love 'em shaved. I've gone from thinking (a long time ago) that I couldn't be attracted to a guy that shaved his legs to the polar opposite. shaved = sexy

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hours training/week: 14-15
job/hours: Ph.D student in mathematics education, 50ish
favorite of the three disciplines: running
least favorite: cycling
main tri distance you race: haven't done one in awhile. I guess I do the most sprints because they're easiest to find
bike: Cannondale CAAD 8
OCD, scale of 1 to 10: working out ocd = 10. Other things, 7-8
comfort with risk, scale of 1 to 10: 4-5
biggest food craving: salt after workouts. Then dark chocolate. And peanut butter. I also get lots of random food cravings
hours of sleep avg/night: 8
introvert/extrovert: INTROVERT
thing you check out first on other triathletes: thinness/fatness
guilty pleasure that undermines your training, but you can't/don't want to give it up: I don't think I have any!

Fun thread!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
When I had a family meeting this fall to ask for support (permission?) from my family to train for an IM, my husband took two days to answer, but ended up supporting me, but saying because he knew that now that our house was finished being built and our business was solid I would "be OCD about something, and this was probably the best thing for [me] to get crazy about".

Um, yeah. Probably.

So, it made me think that most of us have OCD tendencies, as well as some others, and I'm curious about the groups'. If this has already been done, I apologize for the repeat.

hours training/week: 16-20
job/hours: basic science researcher, 60
favorite of the three disciplines: running
least favorite: swim
main tri distance you race: HIM
bike: shiv tri
OCD, scale of 1 to 10: 8
comfort with risk, scale of 1 to 10: 10
biggest food craving: salt (in a freaky way), coffee and red meat are close seconds,
hours of sleep avg/night: 6
introvert/extrovert: introvert, hate to train with others
thing you check out first on other triathletes: legs
guilty pleasure that undermines your training, but you can't/don't want to give it up: whisky

Feel free to add other things you think would be interesting to know about the group.

Age 46
Gender M
Training hours 5 ( been pretty ill past few years , usually 12-15. Early 20's IM build )
Job Self employed (money market trader )
Favourite discipline. Running
Least favourite. Swim
Main distance HIM IM
OCD scale 9
Risk ratio. 10
Food craving. List is too long. I am on a highly restricted diet due to UC. Coffee, Ice cream , pizza, burgers, salad.....wish I could eat these.
Sleep hours 6-8
Introvert
Legs
Guilty pleasure Don't have one to be honest. Just wish I could train more.
Vanity level ;) 10

Terry

Quote:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply

Prev Next