Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I actually don't think there's anything that is braggy about that, certainly not amongst this group.

Brag-y. You must be new here.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
No. Beer comes first.

Fully understand that - beer is toooooo good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tribeer, you're a woman?! this is my shock of the day. this is not at all the mental image i would have had. based soley on the screen name, i've always kind of imagined the homer simpson version of a triathlete....but, what do i know, i'm just a lurker ;)

http://www.hooslisa.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I actually don't think there's anything that is braggy about that"

And yet, an entire thread about yourself. Triathletes are very predictable sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [hooslisa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the emotive language in my ST responses would've given me away long ago.

Yep, I'm sorta old and an emotional woman. :)
Last edited by: TriBeer: Oct 26, 12 9:00
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Tiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I should have predicted there would be so many asshole responses instead of actual info. If I hadn't provided mine you would have called me a pussy for not giving my answers :)

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...well it's probably why i usually appreciate your responses, i'm a (kind of) young, emotional woman.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her thread was not about herself. She requested other profiles and wants to learn more about her fellow tri-buddies. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
You said it: "busy and intense." I believe this defines most triathletes. We juggle a lot for our hobby, and yes, it can be hard on relationships/friends. I'm lucky that my husband enjoys biking, which is probably why I like biking more these days. We do have fun together and he pushes me on the bike.

Running does take its toll. When I was your age, I could run forever. I have a secret desire to get in that type of running shape again. :)

The best to you in your IM goal. You have what it takes. I know it.

my husband is a roadie also. comes in Very helpful. I'm the odd duck out. Super laid back (IMO). OCD people Stress Me Out.

F
hours training/week: dunno. I'd have to check my logs at BT but I'm too lazy to do that. Guessing 10-20 depending on what I'm training for?
main tri distance you race: IM and HIM and sprint. Haven't done an Oly yet. 2 sprints, 2 HIMs and going on 2 IMs so I guess this is accurate for "main" distance.
bike: a red
coffee isn't a craving. It is like air. Necessary for life.
hours of sleep 5-6.
introvert
thing you check out first on other triathletes: what they're wearing.
guilty pleasure that undermines your training, but you can't/don't want to give it up: Food. Maybe training too. But prolly food mostly.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Oct 26, 12 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being "super laid back" must help during a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Being "super laid back" must help during a race.

hmmm.... i guess, I dunno. Not sure why/if it would be preferable. It just Is. maybe I've misplaced my sarcasm filter?

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Her thread was not about herself. She requested other profiles and wants to learn more about her fellow tri-buddies. :)

go back, read her post, and come back and report what % of the post was about others.

Look, I'm as self-absorbed as the rest of you. I'm just not afraid to admit it.

It reminds me of a Simpsons episode. Crime has taken over Springfield. A home security salesman appears at the Simpsons door, and gives Homer a tour of the inside of his home, describing all the problems with Homer's lack of security. When the tour is finished, the two of them make it to the front door. Homer asks, "How much is this going to cost me?" The salesman replies with a quote in the thousands of dollars. Homer gasps!

Salesman: "You can't really put a price on your family's security Mr. Simpson."

Homer: "True, true. And yet, here we are."

And yet, here we are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far the only thing I get from this thread is that, regardless of age, women are emotional. But I knew they already. :)

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reread the post: "and I'm curious about the groups'."

The OP's intent was to get other profiles. Let's see yours. :)
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"women are emotional"

And we're proud of this fact! It keeps you ST guys in check.
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's always good to have a refresher ;)

what i've gathered from this is that women enjoy knowing more personal details about the people they associate with and men are incapable of answering seriously without resorting to jokes.

(while it sounds like this is meant bitchily, it's not. it actually is just a real observation)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
... I like being busy and intense, but it has cost me friendships, relationships, etc. Totally just wired that way...

Good for you for at least recognizing that trade-off; somehow I see too many folks with a huge blind spot there and they are annoying as shit to be around.

I'd consider myself way more laid-back... Tri definitely checks in after family, home, beer/whiskey (actually more tequila during the warm season), and the wifey's naughty bits on the list of priorities. I can get dialed in on a big goal race for a season or two (and rack up other races in the process) but then the focus will ebb again for a season or three. Biking is pretty much the only leg I actually just enjoy doing for fun (especially off-road), the other two are work towards some end even if it's only minimal maintenance fitness, but if I could keep drinking good beer without gaining any weight I'd probably bag the extra training. I'm not one of those who gets all antsy just sitting around watching TV and drinking and HAS to DO something, or else... in fact I enjoy relaxing like that and wish I could afford to do more of it; whether it's football on Saturdays with my college homies or movies with the wife & nature shows with the kids, etc. I do like the feeling of progress/improvement that goes with training, but if I'm not acutally training for something then I don't crave just the activity, other than I also like playing outside too (climbing, paddling, backpacking, etc) so being out of shape handicaps those other fun activities.

So I notice in your OP you went with 'whisky' - i.e., the Scotch spelling, but then subsequently add the 'e' as in the North American variant... just sloppiness, or any distinct pref?

On the other hand, I am OCD enough to go back and edit posts to fix grammar & punctuation and add disclaimers like this one, so I'm not that laid back...
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Oct 26, 12 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goosedog wrote:
OCD is a term that is overused.

Can you describe exactly how and when it is overused, and give an example in a sentence, please?

PS- Please reply directly to this post so that the fonts are all the same and all that. Please.

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny! thank you
Quote Reply
Re: profiling slowtwitchers [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and more bang per buck in those 16-20 hours of training

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I like games. I'll play:

hours training/week: 10
job/hours: aeronautical engineer, 50
favorite of the three disciplines: running
least favorite: swim
main tri distance you race: Sprint, looking into HIM distance atm
bike: Specialized Allez Steel
OCD, scale of 1 to 10: 6
comfort with risk, scale of 1 to 10: 6
biggest food craving: steak
hours of sleep avg/night: 6-7
introvert/extrovert: introvert
thing you check out first on other triathletes: calves
guilty pleasure that undermines your training, but you can't/don't want to give it up: beer and junk food

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is so lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hooslisa wrote:
what i've gathered from this is that women enjoy knowing more personal details about the people they associate with

Generally just being nosey and keeping a catty eye on the competition.

hooslisa wrote:
and men are incapable of answering seriously without resorting to jokes

Women constantly list 'sense of humour' at the top of the favoured attribute pile. Now you complain about it. We can't do anything right. I already knew that as well though. Ok, ok, I'll go and mow the lawn now .....

You also tricked me into reading your blog. It's listed in your signature on a triathlon forum, has a reading list containing running books and triathlon biographies, a menu button listing 'Training and Racing, a bucket list of races you wish to complete. And the home page? ...... 400 baby pictures.

Cute kid by the way ..... babies pretty much all look fat cheeked ugly and covered in some form of crust to me, so that's a compliment.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please also post your cc number, exp date, and that code on the back so I can purchase some mad fiber wheels.
Quote Reply

Prev Next