Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

open water swimming in OR
Quote | Reply
living in oregon right now (willamette valley). I need practice with open water swimming, as in, I suck at it. any suggestions for places to do so?

also, while you're at it, what's the tri scene like in oregon? I've only run into about three people out here who do tris. seems like this would be an awesome place for training or racing.

fuzzy

Re: open water swimming in OR [fuzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hagg Lake outside of Forest Grove is a great area for training. Nice lake, rolling terrain, trails in the park.

The Gecko tri club hosts a Thursday night OW swim in Vancouver, WA throughout the summer. Open to everyone.

You can find a lot of race information at www.racecenter.com They also have a print publication with race info that's available at most running and cycling shops.

Big selection of tri gear at Gateway Bikes and Tri-Sport at NE 119th & Halsey in Portland.

scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at the race schedule at www.racecenter.com. Pacific Crest at the end of June in Bend is an excellent race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Active.com has a few events as well. as does trifind.com. Also, when searching for events don't rule out washington. There may be stuff in WA that doesn't pull up in area searches of OR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no shortage of races or talent in OR. Like the other guys mentioned, racecenter.com is the source. The Geckos swim is at Klineline Lake, about 20 minutes North of Portland. Kinda gross, but the options are limited and there's a big group (20+). Hagg Lake is great, but it's a solid hour outside of Portland, tough to justify 2 hours in the car after work.

Are you in Portland or South?
Quote Reply