Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

olympic distance training/racing
Quote | Reply
Hey,
Was wondering if anyone on the board races olympic races, I have been out of the loop for a few years and have been racing longer stuff.
I have a new baby boy (8 month), so my training is limited this year to 10 hours or so a week.
I know you guys always give out excellent advice on this forum. Your thoughts on long bike/runs???
I want to get the most out of training with my limited hours.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: olympic distance training/racing [moab2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I race mostly oly distance. Long rides in the 40-50 mile range. Lots of 30 mile race effort rides. I run quite a bit as I like it, but I don't see the need for anything longer than a 10 mile training run for oly distance. The most important runs are the tempo runs, and mile repeats, they make you strong for the 10k. Swimming is important in this distance IMHO. A good swim rewards you more at the oly distance more than any of the longer events.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your baby boy. I have a 7 month old so I am in the same boat. Actually, 10 hours a week is a hopeful goal for me. Even though I am in SoCal I had to resort to putting my old bike on a trainer in the living room. I have my alarm set for 5 so I can get about an hour in before our baby wakes up. I usually take the baby for about 1.5 hours in the morning to give my wife some uninturupted sleep.

A majority of my runs happen behind a stoller. I am usually only doing about 6 miles with the stroller so I haven't run into issues with feeding him or me.

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Last edited by: slowx3: Feb 23, 05 16:40
Quote Reply
Re: olympic distance training/racing [slowx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He obviously loves his new Litespeed trike! His smile is reward enough for your investment - good work, Pa!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what some people wrote a little while ago:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ch_string=IM;#320011

good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: olympic distance training/racing [TB in MT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for the great info, and slowx3 your boy is way cute!! I've been jogging with my boy in my BOB jogger, and riding on the Kurt Kinetic in the morning, and hitting the pool about 2 x week.

All the best to everyone this race season!!

Scott
Quote Reply