Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt
Quote | Reply
http://www.shutterfly.com/...10&ps=1&rs=6

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now thats nice. Good job.
Quote Reply
Re: non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! cool ride.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Last edited by: Jim: Mar 11, 05 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice paint. Betcha it's fast at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't stomach the Titanflex frames myself, but that paint job makes for a really nice looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's looks have kinda grown on me...sorta like the older Saabs.

I'll race the beast in less than 12 hours with those wheels...wind forecast to be 21-25 mph, too bad a good-looking paint job can't block the wind! With that wind, I wish I either had a stem with more drop or had the shorter head tube that is available...I may need to get lower going into tomorrow's gale.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like weird stuff, this thing appears to qualify. What's the deal with the design anyway? I recall you talking about it helping out with your back,...due to vibration damping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: non-standard bike aesthetics, final attempt [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I like weird stuff, this thing appears to qualify. What's the deal with the design anyway? I recall you talking about it helping out with your back,...due to vibration damping?

Well, I wouldn't classify it as just vibration damping. It's all the way to suspension. I actually sit on the seat when going over railroad tracks...don't try that on a "regular" bike. I'm sitting on a titanium boom, which is adjustable for the amount of suspension I want in a couple of ways...either sliding the boom into or out of it's receiver (requires loosening one allen screw) or getting one of the four offered booms...the stiffest one rated at a rider weight of over 300 lbs. That's stiff. I'm 185 and have the second to the most compliant boom, shoved all the way into the receiver...the result is fairly stiff. BUT, when I hit a rough patch in the road, or anything that isn't big enough to seriously jeapardize my wheel/tire integrity, I simply stay seated and keep pedaling. No shots of pain into my lower back when a "surprise" bump catches me off guard, no rising up off the seat to go over bumps, no more low back pain. Plus, since my undercarriage doesn't get pounded by the road, I am able to comfortably rotate my hips further forward, which enables me to use my gluteal muscles more. Actually, the first 4-5 hard rides on it, my glutes were sore from being used so much more than usual.

It's such a simple, elegant solution to a couple of problems I had. Even with the heavier Aero wheels on it, it's under 20 lbs. Oh, and it's stiffer than any bike I've ever ridden...I know that sound weird, but, when the rider is going to be suspended on a titanium boom, the engineer didn't have to figure in "comfortable compliance" to the frame itself.

Since you do seem to appreciate things that are a little different, and sort of skate on the "other side of the ice" at times, I can see how you'd dig this bike. I sure do.

Quote Reply