Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need to find lightweight trail runners ... any suggestions?
Quote | Reply
trying to find some trail running shoes ... i have tried a few but they are so heavy ... anyone know of some lightweight ones?
Quote Reply
Re: need to find lightweight trail runners ... any suggestions? [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salomon.

Cool lace system too....very easy to to adjust. In fact, they would be great for racing flats (the lacing system), since they're very lightweight.
Quote Reply
Re: need to find lightweight trail runners ... any suggestions? [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ASICS Gel Trail Attack. It's a lightweight, low-profile trail shoe.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Inov-8. Basically racing flats for off road. Hard to find in the US. Best trail runnin shoes ever.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance 871

Rally Car for your feet. Low Profile very light

Corbin

Oh, and since Shawn is so forthcoming I work for New Balance;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget the rest, Teva X1 trail shoes. 9oz in a men's size 9, that's lighter than some of the racing flats out there! They don't have a real heel cup or counter but you can't tell when you're actually running. The cushioning feels like a regular shoe and they have mesh panels that drain FAST. The outsole on the current version is very very grippy and worked well for a 10M muddy and rooty trail run I just did 3 weeks ago. Grabs on wet sllippery stuff surprisingly well and doesn't pack up in the mud at all. The not packing up really surprised me. Worked great for me, won the race! The tread actually looks like it'll do better on hardpacked dirt though as it pretty low-profile. They also have a rock sheild fabric so you don't get any rocks poking through and I can vouch that it works pretty well. Only caveat, is that the tread wears really really fast. It's a racing shoe though so... They are working on a new tread compound that'll be a little more durable right now. Haven't worn them running without socks yet but have worn them around a bunch sockless with a Superfeet insert and am planning on using them for Maui Xterra. There are NO sharp internal seams.

These are seriously sweet trail racing shoes.
Quote Reply