Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

muncie vs. racine vs. steelhead
Quote | Reply
Which of these is the best 1/2 close to Chicago and why do you like it?
Quote Reply
Re: muncie vs. racine vs. steelhead [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have only done Steelhead but really enjoyed it. Great organization, point to point swim, flat with some nice rollers for the most part on the bike and mostly flat run except one steep, short hill. Lots of support along the way with frequent aid stations. Plus the weather last year was perfect. I'm thinking about doing both Racine and Steelhead this year.

I just got my e-mail notification for Steelhead registration. Anyone else surprised that it's $160 this year for EARLY registration? What's up with that????
Quote Reply
Re: muncie vs. racine vs. steelhead [Chi-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
160$? Hmmmm so I am right. Steelhead is now part of the WTC or is it IMNA 70.3 series. I predicted that all of the 70.3 series races woudl increase to the highest common denominator and the highest common denominator woudl be close to 1/2 of a IMNA IM price. Full IM ~425, half that 212.50$. I'm guessing Steelhead will go up a bit more next year or in a couple anyway.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: muncie vs. racine vs. steelhead [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done Steelhead and Racine but not Muncie. I'd give the edge to Steelhead if for no other reason than the area it's held in is a bit more "quaint". The steelhead course is a bit nicer, nicer roads anyway. The run is a bit more interesting but overall they're pretty close,IMO.

~Matt
Quote Reply