Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon
Quote | Reply
2:25 for 2016 triathlon Olympian for team USA

https://bleacherreport.com/...in-mens-womens-races
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my experience a point to point tri is not that big a deal, logistically speaking. And a net downhill, woo-hoo that's a win!
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops... posted in the wrong thread. My bad.
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in college (wake forest), Greg ran 14:43 for 5k on the track which tells us he is capable of running sub 2:22. For him to run 2:25 10 years later is pretty darn impressive!

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
Back in college (wake forest), Greg ran 14:43 for 5k on the track which tells us he is capable of running sub 2:22. For him to run 2:25 10 years later is pretty darn impressive!

San Francisco is a tough course, not many fast rabbits to help either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like Greg just ran 2:16:42 at California International Marathon. Good job Greg!!
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, he got the OTQ B standard ! (sub 2:19)
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He ran it as 1:09/1:07:40 which is even more impressive.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:

Jesus. That is impressive.

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's very fast. And pro triathlete ever gone faster? Not could have gone faster, but actually gone faster?
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 mile at that speed for me is painful and I could MAYBE do 2 miles and I would be sucking some serious wind with a tingly body and a good puke.

I can't even fathom that speed for an entire marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's very fast. And pro triathlete ever gone faster? Not could have gone faster, but actually gone faster? //

Ya, that is really fast for a kind of in season run. I remember a 2;17 and 2;18's from old pro triathletes, and of course the 2;10 from Benjamin Parades, who was a pro duathlete that did race a few pro triathlons, even doing Kona one year. So you will have to decide if he counts or not...
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steffen Justus has run pretty fast. Not 2:16 but maybe 2:18?

Haley Chura ran a 2:43. Also pretty solid (although not 2:16 equivalent).
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benjamin Choquert is a Duathlete too. He ran a 2:11 a week ago in Valencia.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this on Instagram. What an impressive run! Good for Billington.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:

Not to take anything away from his awesome performance, but the SF marathon is one where you SHOULD negative split if you run it evenly. All the elevation climbing (significant) is in the first half, and there's a big drop followed by a nice fast flat in the end. I managed to negative split that one too - it's the ONLY marathon I've negative split!
Quote Reply
Re: move aside gwen. Greg Billington wins San Francisco marathon [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
fartleker wrote:

Not to take anything away from his awesome performance, but the SF marathon is one where you SHOULD negative split if you run it evenly. All the elevation climbing (significant) is in the first half, and there's a big drop followed by a nice fast flat in the end. I managed to negative split that one too - it's the ONLY marathon I've negative split!

I believe those were his Sacramento Marathon Splits not his splits from San Francisco

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must’ve been the shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
That's very fast. And pro triathlete ever gone faster? Not could have gone faster, but actually gone faster? //

Ya, that is really fast for a kind of in season run. I remember a 2;17 and 2;18's from old pro triathletes, and of course the 2;10 from Benjamin Parades, who was a pro duathlete that did race a few pro triathlons, even doing Kona one year. So you will have to decide if he counts or not...

Christian Bustos has a PB of 2:16:XX and I think Peter Kropko might be in that range as well.

Two time duathlon world champ and 1996 ITU tri world champ Jackie Fairweather (nee Gallagher) ran a 2:32 in Nagoya as well as a bronze in the Commonwealth Games Marathon in Manchester.

She also had a PB of 7:41 in the 100k distance .

RIP Jackie.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Feb 2, 20 20:09
Quote Reply