Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lower ab pain
Quote | Reply
I am having lower ab pain - thought it was adductors or hip flexors - but on further inspection it's right at my pubic bone. and I have been having some back pain.

any thoughts from the inhouse experts?
Quote Reply
Re: lower ab pain [craigo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craig,

You may have osteitis pubis. Do a google search and you'll find plenty of information about it. Here's from one site:

In Brief: Osteitis pubis is a painful condition that affects the pubic symphysis and surrounding tendinous attachments. One common cause stems from unusual biomechanical stress to the pelvis. Patients typically have a variety of vague and nonspecific symptoms, which makes accurate diagnosis of this condition difficult, particularly for clinicians not familiar with the disorder. A systematic approach to evaluating these patients is essential because the differential can be quite large and includes isolated muscle tears, lumbar radiculopathy, and stress fractures. Fortunately, once the diagnosis is confirmed, conservative treatment such as rest and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs usually leads to a favorable outcome.

Good luck,

John

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to quit all the that kinky sex!

Seriously, use to get something that might be similar - psoas muscle, use hurt so bad it wake me up in the middle of the night. Lower ab running on either side towards the flexor. Would go to a massage therapist who would stretch it out, I am sure he treatment caused me more pain.

Re: lower ab pain [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely get a spotter for the trapeze there. You never know what can happen when you fly off the bed at a weird angle. :D

Seriously though, I have had a right hip flexor/sartorius/psoas problem for several years now. They all attach in a similar (roughly) area, and it's hard for me to say which one it might be. My solution was a massage therapist (I'll take "the rapist" for 100 Trebec!) and good stretching. Combine that with high leg lifts while watching TV and those muscles are strong enough and balanced enough now to handle it.

Once every couple of months it bugs me for a day or two but that is normally when I am doing something wrong on the bike...like letting my knees go too far inwards or something stupid.

Mad
Last edited by: triguy42: Sep 7, 05 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: lower ab pain [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a lot to drink at a wedding this weekend - it's all foggy - maybe there was some kinky somethat went on.

Arrrghh. Why can't I remember those damn escapades?

Damn Bombay Saphire Gin. Damn Bombay Saphire Gin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok so now the real reason comes out, nothing to do with tri training at all!