LDL: 116
HDL: 63
Triglycerides: 33
Chol/HDL Ratio 3.0
LD/HDL Ratio 1.8
VLDL: 7
tested apoB but don't see number in online portal
Metabolic panel all normal range.
Calcium scan & trans echo next week followed by coratid artery scan following week.

Thoughts on numbers? Bad or meh.
Note: I have a good doc and meeting with him next month to review. I did nuclear stress test & echo, etc three years ago and I was clean. Posting my lipid panel because lots of good discussions from medical community on here. Not looking for podcast pseudo science advice.
Last edited by: Nerd: Aug 12, 23 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
Bad or meh.

Neither, Fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be interested in your apo-b result. Your LDL is higher than the classic "keep it under 100mg/dl" recommendation while your triglycerides and HDL look excellent.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me too. will circle back w update. going to try and lower with more thought re food choices in addition to whatever rest of tests & doctor recommends. 48 years old, fit, but family history of heart issues...........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CT Heart Calcium Scoring = 0. I have a coratid scan set for the end of this week. Do i need this if I received a Calcium scan of 0??? The coratid scan was at my request. Still do not have an apoB number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine, from today, is markedly similar to yours. My VLDL is slightly higher. I had not heard of and see no sign of a apo B test . . . could it be labeled something else?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it has another name. I'm waiting to hear back from my cardiologist on the issue for more details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears you are seeing a cardiologist for this, do you have an underlying/pre-existing condition?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked back at my blood profile results and see that it took 5 extra days beyond when I received my basic blood panel results, which came the very next day, until my apo-B results to come in. Apo-B is short for Apolipoprotein B-100.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I feel fine and I'm fit. That aside, my father had a heart attack in his 40s and quad bypass at 50 and stints later in life. I'm on the doorstep of 50 (almost 49) and making sure I'm the first male in my family to hit 50 without a cardiac issue.
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good to know. thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
CT Heart Calcium Scoring = 0.

As always, discuss with your own MD.

but FTR, a calcium score of 0 is super powerful information that your cardiac risk is indeed VERY LOW.

The cor score can be used with the MESA calculator to get an idea of what percentile you fall into. AGE 48 is 35th percentile with a 0. *(if you are white)=very good.

https://www.mesa-nhlbi.org/Calcium/input.aspx

Here is the MESA 10 year risk calculator and the ACC 10 yr risk estimator.

https://www.mesa-nhlbi.org/...Score/RiskScore.aspx

https://tools.acc.org/.../calculate/estimate/

You probably don't need a statin...discuss it with your MD
Quote Reply
Re: lipid panel [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This information is great. I will discuss with my doctor. Thank You!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gee, that looks just like my pre COVID lipid panel.

Kevin
Quote Reply