Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lace locks
Quote | Reply
i've never used lace locks. what brands do you prefer? are they a lot easier to put on in transition?
Quote Reply
Re: lace locks [speedy_dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ran in a pair of Yanks last night for the first time. It worked pretty well. I am axious to see if my foot slips around on a longer run more than with laces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "why knot" ones work well. Since you don't have to tie your shoes they're faster, plus I find them more comfortable because I always over tighten my laces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Lock Laces. I have found that the diameter of the elastic string works better for me and they are simple. Yankz, for instances, use a much smaller diameter string and they tend to be very tight at the toe of the shoe and loose at the tongue...but that is my experience.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the Yanks, they are the best.

1. Elastic. because you foot swells after beign up right to long.

2. Easy to adjust on the fly.

3. Shoes don't look weird with the on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW - I don't use the plastic thingies on any of the elastic laces. I just tie em up like usual and then knot the ends (after I've found the proper tension).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second vote for Easy Laces (their slogan is "why knot").

In my experience:
They are way more normal looking than yanks.
Their elastic is more comfortable than yanks -wider and flatter.
They are simpler, and easier to adjust than yanks.
They have less plastic than yanks.
They come in a zillion colors.
I think they are cheeper than others (B&L and RoadRunner have them).

I'm addicted, i have them on my non-training shoes too. Tying your shoelaces is SO 90s.

http://www.easy-lace.com/easy_laces.htm

harp
Quote Reply
Re: lace locks [harp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third for Easy Laces.

I had Yankz on my old shoes, and Easy Laces on my newer ones (I'm kicking myself for not ordering another set when I got my new shoes).

Anyway, they both work well, although I hafta say I've never understood what or how I was supposed to Yankz on. They (Yankz) are also more complicated (and again, I'm not sure why - there's something going on there that I'm not clear about), and a tad more expensive.

So, I'll be ordering another pair of Easy Laces for the new shooz, and for any adt'l pairs I get going forward. They are easy to set up (just like tying yer normal laces), and then once that's done, it is "set it and forget it" - just slip 'em on and off ya go.

I prefer the elastic nature of any bungee-type laces in general, my feet are much happier.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yankz! - they allow a more adjustable fit than any other on the market. there is a learning curve to using them and they cost ~$2 more.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply