Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kona rentals
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

hopefully, I will get a kona slot in France. Now, what I hope is that I can still find something reasonably priced. Right now, I have found a condo for $750 for the week (cheapest I have found).

Question: is it better to book now and drop it if not qualified?
Can you get better prices than that for condos?

tips?
Quote Reply
Re: kona rentals [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no practical advice but I say book it and pay for it...

Think of it as extra incentive.

Good luck in France
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They'll probaby want a deposit so I'd find out if it's refundable. No point in going thru this kind of hassle as with the airline, eh Francois.
Quote Reply
Re: kona rentals [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eh, Canuck! :-)
refundable but $50 if you cancel 60 days before (and France is way before this)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bad karma to book something like that before you qualify.

esp. with your record of DNFs in key races!

Timbo
Quote Reply
Re: kona rentals [Timbit_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and let us all know what you did try you wanker...

after all, when I didn't book, I didn't qualify...so maybe I should book,...actually because you said I shouldn't, I will...come over anytime to west texas for a training session...we'll have some fun...Timbo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Book it, that's a great rate. You would at least have options. They may give you the full refund if you don't qualify. You can come out to watch and volunteer if you don't qualify. You can give the reservation to someone else that you know is coming out (lots of folks here on slowtwitch who might be able to use it), if you don't qualify, and that person could bring you back some souveniers.

Best case scenario...you qualify and have a killer condo reservation that's locked in while others are scrambling. Which condo is it?

Quote | Reply
I just booked a 2 BR/2 BA condo on Alii Drive for 8 nights for $1600. The lady said that I had about a month before things got crazy.

FWIW, I had booked a hotel in Madison, hoping for an IM Wisc slot at Ralph's and had to cancel when something better came up ;-).

So.......I'd say take the "karma" theory with a grain of salt.

I like footballmom's approach!

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply