Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

know where bunnyman has been...
Quote | Reply
Apparently his wife was in the hospital: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 [/url] Tobacco and You (editorial)

Tobacco IS the reason why I have been unable to write entries to this blog for the last week. Yesterday, my wife has returned from the hospital, emerging from the capture by one of the most insidious tyrants known to the ages: tobacco.

Yes, I admit that tobacco was part of my wife's life, as it was part of mine for many years. Tobacco has a funny way of taking hold of you like the grasp of a boa constrictor, as it acts just like that most selfish of friends who takes advantage with nothing good in return. Tobacco only gives death and destruction to those who partake of it; one only needs to look and smell the interior of a smoker's car to see a seemingly benign example of tobacco's caustic nature.

My wife's new diagnosis of asthma was our wake-up call. While my wife was in misery during the past week when she could barely catch her breath, this misery pales in comparison to what misery one suffers from lung cancer. Quitting smoking now will help prevent the complications caused by cigarette smoking for all of us, and this is true for my wife in her current health situation (thus far).

I had fooled myself into thinking that I somehow was negating the harmful effects of cigarette smoking by leading a relatively healthy, active lifestyle. I do now believe I was only fooling myself. Yes, I was a moderately successful athlete (having single-digit age group placings and high teen- ranking in some races, as well as very high single-digit placings on the bike legs of some races), but I was not as good as I could have been. I also thoroughly believe that cigarette smoking HAS held me back from better rankings in races. Furthermore, it is believed that smoking increases healing time for injuries, increases risk of erectile dysfunction, and even may increase chance of baldness by the virtue of the decreased circulation caused by tobacco use. My back injuries do not seem to be getting any better from chiropractic or accupuntural treatments, though I do currently think that the severity of my injuries may transcend smoking and the efficacy of said treatments.

Most of you who are reading this blog already know this. Most of you are probably shocked that I am a recovering smoker. To those of you who don't smoke, I am not admonishing you, and you may want to skip over the next paragraph.

To those of you who are like I used to be, please read this carefully: YOU WILL END UP WITH PROBLEMS FROM TOBACCO IF YOU CONTINUE TO SMOKE. YOU ARE NOT NEGATING THE HARMFUL EFFECTS OF CIGARETTE SMOKE, AS THE HARMFUL EFFECTS ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO PREVENT. I DON'T CARE HOW YOU QUIT, WHETHER IT BE BY GETTING AURICULOTHERAPY, USING THE NICOTINE PATCH, HYPNOSIS, OR WHATEVER. CONSIDER THIS ADMONISHMENT YOUR WARNING: YOUR DAY OF BAD HEALTH WILL COME IF YOU DO NOT QUIT SMOKING.

I am thoroughly convinced that long-term smoking slavery starts with children, so I urge any parent who smells smoke on their children to BEAT THE HOLY CRAP OUT OF THAT CHILD IF THEY EVER SMELL SMOKE ON THEIR KID. This way, it even makes certain that they don't even HANG WITH A KID WHO SMOKES,and this can go a LONG WAY TOWARDS PREVENTING THEIR OWN CHILDREN FROM DEVELOPING THE DISEASE OF TOBACCO ADDICTION.

The road to total recovery from the bondage of tobacco addiction is a long one, and I get cravings and temptations even as I type this. This is why I advocate such strong action against a kid starting smoking. If my dad would have beat me within an inch of my life when I started smoking, I probably would not be having this twenty-plus year battle against tobacco.

I am only preaching this because I am lucky enough to NOT have the type of first-hand wake-up call my wife has just recently had. The points that the doctors have been saying for all of these years have been driven home by my wife's recent experience. Tobacco is BAD, very, very bad. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hope bunnyman's wife is doing better.

Natas, formerly Satan, formerly Sammo, formerly lucifer
Quote Reply
Re: know where bunnyman has been... [Sammo666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is recovering well. She wants cigarettes, but I remind her of how miserable she was last week. She was in hospital for six fuckin' days!!!!

I am now a militant anti-smoker.
Quote Reply
Re: know where bunnyman has been... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get some Zyban. That stuff was simply AWESOME for me. PM me if you want to know what it was like and how it worked. It works really well. My Dr. has had a 87% success rate with it.
Quote Reply