Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPod shuffle & iTunes
Quote | Reply
anyone got a shuffle?
iTunes is supposed to recognize that it's plugged in but somehow it doesn't.
anyone had that problem?
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois,

I had the same problem with my mini using windows XP. Solved it by logging off all other users; plugging in my iPod; launching iTunes.

That is the only way the iPod gets recognized...

Good luck, Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a mac. should go just fine. when I plugged my iPod everything works fine. the shuffle isn't.
I seem to be able to use it as a storage device, but if I try to play the songs then I get the amber/green blinking indicating an error
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salut Francois,

Ca va?

I've got a Shuffle. You need to have the latest version of iTunes on your computer to recognise the shuffle - I had to load the vesion that came on the CD in the shuffle packaging.

Works fine now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does the computer recognize the shuffle ? perhaps no USB2 slot

I heard that many users are complaining in the apple forum about their shuffle and some guy has posted a solution how you can get it working, but it won't work with every computer

I'll just check out if I can find the info for you

iTunes messed up most of my 20gig mp3 files after I got an nice 60gig iPOD photo two days ago - i'm still trying to figure out why all people say they like iTunes (at least the ipod is great)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone got a shuffle?

yes

iTunes is supposed to recognize that it's plugged in but somehow it doesn't.
anyone had that problem?

no

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, now ca va! thanks mate!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should do a software update of the latest ipod update .The last one was in March. I Love my shuffel chock full of podcasts.

The dirt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party again am I. Yes, have the shuffle, mine is attached to the back of my running hat with short earplugs. No problems with itunes on the mac, but yes you need the latest version.

Shuffle rocks.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've had my shuffle a couple weeks now, and my windows computer recognize it just fine. two things that bother me so far...it's always going back to "updating ipod" even after it says it's "completed update", the hassle is that when it's "updating" it's very slow when i click on songs to delete them. minor annoyance really. however, what has me worried is that twice now the little sucker wouldn't turn on, until i gave it a little whack, and that seemed to do the trick. i imagine it's going to die completely on day 31, when bestbuy won't take it back, and i'll have to send it back to apple, and then probably wait 13 years to get a replacement. the earpods it came with are a joke, they don't fit in my ears, so i bought some from sony that are working out pretty well.

i would think you would see the allusion to your own life here francois...the shuffle isn't quite recognizing your computer, it was probably expecting something slightly different, and so it's deciding to say screw it and not work at all. basically, i think the shuffle is saying it's not going to work unless you do imaz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought one about a month ago.

I would rather run with the necklace and earphones coming up from behind the shirt than with the armband, for some reason. I don't like the armband for it, I can't explain why. I liked my Nike Phillips armband, but not this one. That doesn't have a damned thing to do with your question, I just wanted to say this though.
Last edited by: boothrand: Apr 6, 05 20:08
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the using the neck cord as well. I wrap a rubber band to take up excess neck cord and headphone cable. I don't sweat much, but I do worry a little about sweat creeping in. I might get one of those sport cases, but it's so expensive for just a piece of plastic.
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sweat a lot and broke 2 shuffles (which the Apple store replaced both times for free) then bought the sport case, which was well worth it.

I broke both within a week because of the sweat. They said they're damn near indestructable, so if you don't sweat much, 'don't sweat it.'

ouch
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now, I'm worried. I sweat all over that thing, sweat mixed with body glide. Those sports cases are about 20 bucks. Does it not make the thing more bulkier or heavier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like those sport cases. I want a tiny little neoprene wetsuit for mine. How hard could it be to make that?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any wetsuit makers near you? They might make one for you.

Alternatively, contact Waterfield Designs (sfbags.com) who are near you, great people to do business with (stellar customer support) as they might be able to put them together. I'd be in for one, as I have mine on the back of my hat and could do with something to give it some water resistance in the rain.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have a shuffle and no I had no problems connecteing it to my PC. Sorry, I can't help.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put mine in a sports case .( zip lock bag) It fits nicely in a wrist band. I use a designer shoe lace for the neck band. White sucks !!!

Dirt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sport case is not that heavy at all, though it is a little heavier and bulkier. But I still run with it and not even notice it, as well as bike with it.

I would run with it uncovered 3 or 4 times and it would just stop working. But I sweat a LOT. I was back at the store the very next weekend with the same problem. But as I said, they were very accomodating, replacing it both times.

If you're worried, buy the Sportcase. But they made it clear to me that the things are near indestructable.

Fran-swah, you need ITunes 4.7.1, so make sure you have that one downloaded on your Mac.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah. had the 4.7
works well with 4.7.1
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, have the shuffle, mine is attached to the back of my running hat with short earplugs.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to hijack this thread, but how did you attach your shuffle to your hat and where did you get the short earplugs?

I like the arm-band but that seems way too convenient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to get one as well. Will it fit in a fanny pack hydration carrier in terms of length of earphone cord (ie, are they long enough)?
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the cord is very long. I like to keep the cord as short as possible with a rubber band to avoid snags though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just been through a similar episode and a similar event happened to a co-worker.

It appears that moisture/condensation gets inside the shuffle and causes a device malfunction that translates into the computer USB port not recognizing that the device is docked. The only solution is to replace the shuffle.

Circuit City replaced my Shuffle without any issues and the guy at the counter stated that they have seen an unbelieveable number of Shuffle's being returned.
Quote Reply
Re: iPod shuffle & iTunes [Train in Vain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The short earplugs are Sony's, they have a connector in the cable that allows you to either have a short set or, after you add in the extension, a regular long set. I think they're mdr-77's. They sit inside the ear canal, and seal really well allowing you to keep the volume down. Great for airplane trips too.

The shuffle is just held onto the hat with a couple of rubber bands, I put them over the each side of the adjustment strap and then wrap them over the shuffle so that it sits horizontally on the back strap. I can access the buttons easily, and don't have to take it off to recharge.

When I get the new Tribe hat, I'll make up some better straps and fix it to that as my main running hat. If you need a photo, I can try and take one later today.

Hope this helps,

J.
Quote Reply