Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPhone headphones that stay in your ears
Quote | Reply
Maybe that I have defective ears but the stock iPhone headphones do not stay in my ears nor do the little bud looking things I just tried -has anyone found a decent pair of headphones that clip around the ear and stay in place that are iPhone comparable?
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [neilchanter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, they're not inexpensive, but I run in the bang and olufsen headphones. I think you'll need the adaptor if you use older iphone, but i'm not 100% as I don't own one. They sound great and stay on my ears well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shure E2c ........ perfect

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Last edited by: Maxximus: Mar 5, 09 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://store.shure.com/...hure/DisplayHomePage

I have 2 pairs of the SE530's they stay in your ear and you can have custom molds for your ears down for them. the custom molds are really what you want.

Ben

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have a few options. I wear my ipod shuffle on a visor, and wrap the chord aroun the headband with just enough sticking out to reach my ears. This keeps the weight of the chord from pulling the pods out of my ears.

If you're as cheap as I am, you can also use waterproof gauze tape to hold them in your ears. This is good enough for the earplugs/radio units of formula 1 car drivers.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any of Seinheiser's sport models (the neon green ones). They are fantastic for working out. I have the little buds with the "nubs" on them that you rotate into your ear and they lock in place: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/...l.asp?transid=500635

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any of Seinheiser's sport models (the neon green ones). They are fantastic for working out. I have the little buds with the "nubs" on them that you rotate into your ear and they lock in place: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/...l.asp?transid=500635
+1 on these. I picked some up a couple of weeks ago after reading through past threads recommending these. The funny thing, and I didn't even notice until I got home, was they matched my green ipod shuffle. My wife pointed it out how "cute" it was...urgh.

They come with different "fit" pieces depending on you ear size - and they stay in great.

They also have an upgraded version - the MX85 - which look to be even nicer (and more sweatproof).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you figured out a way to get the cable to straighten out? I like the fit and sound of mine but the plastic coating process + packing has left them in a permanently "coiled" form which keeps getting tangled.

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seconded.

I just bought them and they are perfect. They come with several options for correct fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [Scott Herrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm having the same issue - but after using them for the past couple of weeks they are less coiled. I am only assuming they will keep straightening over time.

I have always used Skull Candy ear buds. They are the kind that fit inside your earhole, so you may not like them. They do come with different size ear gels for custom fit. They have about 4 different levels ranging from $15-$50. I highly recommend them.

Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [Hawk03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second skullcandy

Upcoming Races
IM RI 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [Maxximus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Shure E2c ........ perfect
+1 on these. i work in the music biz and these not only stay in your ears, but they sound killer. i've used mine for 2 seasons now with no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Shure user chiming in, but I must say that I'm not terribly impressed with the overall sound quality of my Shure 210 headphones. I bought them from Best Buy for around $130, and meh - they're ok, but not great. Don't get me wrong -- they fit great... no slipping, sliding, or falling out. But they sound so "flat" - there's no bass enhancement at all; I'm sure they're great for accurate vocal reproduction, but if you're looking for some extra "oomph" from your music, look elsewhere.

I'm seriously considering buying my own set of Ultimate Ears... just not sure if I want to shell out $500 for earphones.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that iPod earbuds fall out. They also have long "stems" on them that tend to hit my helmet straps. Anyway, I went with some little Sony earbuds. They were $12 at Target and they have very small "stems" (area that transition from the earpiece to the wire) and actually have a "tacky" feeling that helps them grip to the inside of your ear. I've been using them for a year and they sound great and work well.

Remember, one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [aggiesdm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Sony buds. They stay put and sound is great. Excellent bass response and overall range...and that's coming from an ex-club DJ.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always had a problem with the ear phones not staying in. My kids got me a set of Budfits for my birthday last month and they are amazing. I have not had a single issue with headphones since using them - about a month now.

http://www.budfits.com/

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone headphones that stay in your ears [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great forum - this place is awesome - thanks guys - everyone - as always much appreciated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After trying several styles & brands of headphones, I have been using the Nike Flight headphones for the last 2 years. The band part goes around your neck and the cord exits in the back, so it's out of the way. I use them with an iPod shuffle on my long runs and have found them to be very comfortable. They don't block external sounds completely like some of the bud style headphones, so you can still hear all the cars trying to run you down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maybe that I have defective ears but the stock iPhone headphones do not stay in my ears nor do the little bud looking things I just tried -has anyone found a decent pair of headphones that clip around the ear and stay in place that are iPhone comparable?
Mine wouldn't stay in either until I put the little foam covers on them. Now they stay in like champs!