Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hydration story...lesson
Quote | Reply
Ysterday I ran the catalina marathon, a great run by the way. It rained every step of the way, lots of mud and goo to keep my mind on. I am normaly a very hydrated person. I always carry water/mix and drink at least one bottle per hour. I get grief from friends for my frequent stops to "expose myself to nature" Yesterday was a different story. I don't know why but I did not drink. I just barely finnished off my bottle during the run and I drank at only about 1/3 of the drink stops. Maybe it was the rain that took my mind off the water as I was soaked.Myabe by not having the appearence of sweat I did not think I needed to drink. Maybe because I was wet I never felt thirsty. Who knows. But the lack of hydration out come was a big hit in time and greater than normal fatigue.

So, when I read in the tri books that you should set an alarm to remind you to drink I will take it more seriously! And the next time I run a marathon (or tri) in the rain I will remember Catilina and pay attention to my hydration needs!

keep on drinking and keep on trin'
Quote Reply