Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how're your riding conditions? (weather, roads?)
Quote | Reply
i'm in toronto... and am getting seriously sick of riding my trainer. group workouts are getting too intense, roller workouts in the basement are getting boring (can only watch IMH videos so many times!)

how're the roads in ohio/penn/NC/virginia?

ultimately i'm looking for an area within, say, 12 hours' drive of toronto that has reasonably clear roads.

cold i can deal with. (infact ideal riding weather for me is < 70 fahrenhiet). ice and traffic i would like to avoid!

the goal: hop in the car EOD friday; drive until we're @ some motel, crash. Ride ride ride until sunday evening. drive home.

thoughts???

J
Quote Reply
Re: how're your riding conditions? (weather, roads?) [ashbridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you mean from mid April until the end of November then you don't have to travel that far from the Big Smoke. There is great riding in Prince Edward County just south of Belleville
Quote Reply
Re: how're your riding conditions? (weather, roads?) [ashbridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We rode outside Sunday in good conditions. Cool, slightly damp, no wind. Comfortable.

Now it is very unpleasant- low 30's and wet. No riding outside going to speak of. Running outside is no problem, nice actually. Riding is a no-go, so I have ben putting a lot of work into re-arranging my basement for better wind trainer conditions.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: how're your riding conditions? (weather, roads?) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom, all the effort you got going into a place to ride your bike on the trainer got me wondering. We have a bike store here that has a room that they hold classes in, I think both trainers and spin bikes. Do you have the room or ever thought about having classes in your store during the winter? Just curious. Seems like a great way to get people who want a workout together while the riding is so bad outside, not to mention in your store:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cold (about -2C) and wet here in my undisclosed midwest location as well. I have obligations this evening so I'll be inside today. But I'll be riding to work tomorrow and getting some extra miles in the afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vegas being Vegas, the weather is great. But, Vegas being Vegas, the riding still isn't great. Got a nice hike in at Red Rock yesterday though, mid 60s and sunny.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was 29 degrees F, 21 with wind chill (that was in the city, and half of my ride was along the foothills - probably 10 degrees colder and more wind). Now add going 20 mph to that and you get the idea. Very cold 3 hours on the bike. Knees are still achy.
Quote Reply