Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hotel suggestions for IMLou, thanks.
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: hotel suggestions for IMLou, thanks. [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheraton Louisville Riverside HotelAddress:‎ Not true? Show all edits[/url] Not true? 71 reviewsWrite a review[/url] -
Placement on map is approximate700 West Riverside DriveJeffersonville, IN 47130

Just across the river and about 5 minutes from the start by car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I booked the Galt House. It is the host hotel and near both start and finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Residence Inn—super close to the transition area. Really nice place, plenty of room, and had a kitchen but I have been debating staying at the Seelbach or the Hyatt as they are both at the finish line. Galt is also convenient but it doesn't look quite as nice—please correct me if I am wrong.
Anyone have any experience with these hotels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Hyatt. It really is right at the finish line. It's even closer than the medical tent and morning bag pickup.
Quote Reply
Re: hotel suggestions for IMLou, thanks. [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at Galt this year and the room was great. We had a suite which had a fridge and sink in the front room and another countertop in the hallway seperating the front room from the bedroom. There was a lot of room for storage and for me to spread my gear and nutrition out. It was a great setup.

Only drawback was the wait for the elevators. PAINFUL. I ended up carrying my bike and gear down 8 flights of stairs Monday morning because the wait was so bad.

Jason
Quote Reply
I'm booked at the Hilton on 4th St. is this close to the ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finish? Galt house is acutally cheaper but I always stay in hilton's for work travel so have a lot of points built up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hampton Inn downtown: 2 blocks from everything, great breakfast, closer to transition than the Gault house. Better rates too!
Quote Reply
Re: hotel suggestions for IMLou, thanks. [JClishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   I stayed at the Galt. It had great rooms BUT, I had some crazy party people next room over and got about 4hrs a sleep each night. Traffic was heard through the glass windows(even on 14th floor) and the toilets flushed so loud, it was like the shot heard round the world.. That kept me up too.. It is not a great hotel for a lite sleeper. Yes, elevators were pretty tough to get on Monday morning.
Quote Reply