Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: holy crap i just dropped 800 big ones for a set of pcs [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I find that JFT (Just F*****g Train) is the best method.

Dev, I looked all day for opportunities to casually drop this sentence into an email or a conversation. I love it! It's going into my "greatest hits" file with my coach's best emails.

Susan
Quote Reply
Re: holy crap i just dropped 800 big ones for a set of pcs [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my set on eBay a while ago, got most of what I put into them out of the deal.

Of course I totally suck at anything on two wheels, but perhaps that's irrelevant.

I am not a fan of PC'ing on the road. They broke on me a few times (had to ILT it all the way home, no fun) and they are a tad dangerous at times, plus they beat the carp outta my perineum (considered buying a softride just to deal with that specific issue). They are dangerous (for me) in a group ride or even with one or two other people b/c they lower my ability to deal with potholes, swerving, traffic, etc. They tweaked my knee on a couple of occasions, probably my fault for overtorquing the upstroke, but basically they open up a world of pain and misery that ruins the joy of riding a bike for me. If I were a strong cyclist, perhaps this would not be the case, but it got to the point where I just absolutely dreaded the darn things and was happy to get them out of my life. That was about 2 years ago, not quite, but well over 1 year ago. I've since gotten back into a mindset of "cycling is fun" even though I've been pretty much dead flat on performance on the bike for the past 4 years or so, while my running continues to improve.

That said, I'm considering getting a stationary bike + powercrank dealio one of these days. Been considering that for a while now, but finally got a decent job so it might actually happen. I hate indoor riding, and I hate powercranks, so I figure the combo will be absolutely unbearable. But at least it'll be safe and it won't be boring.
Quote Reply
Re: holy crap i just dropped 800 big ones for a set of pcs [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so then, if one were willing and able to ride at one's original (high) heart rate, and can tolerate the original rate of lactic acid production, etc., can a rider then knock a few minutes off his/her 40k time?

bn,liain raanlla ew and the preservation of knee health.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: holy crap i just dropped 800 big ones for a set of pcs [Acorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
they open up a world of pain and misery that ruins the joy of riding a bike for me. If I were a strong cyclist, perhaps this would not be the case,

Catch 22! If you continued with them, you would be a stronger cyclist.

In regard to people who sell them on Ebay, there could be positive reasons, not every seller is unhappy with the product. Mine will be on there soon as I want to change crank length, so I will go straight to Frank to get a new set.
Quote Reply

Prev Next