Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

have I lost it??
Quote | Reply
here's the deal...I've been so into getting strong and training with my personal trainer over the past 3 weeks that I've done at best only 30% of tri training. Granted, these training sessions are about 90 minutes to 2 hours, total and incredably challenging. I ususally walk out shaking. It has taken my body a few weeks to adjust and be able to recover from soreness within a day or two.

In the last 3 weeks I haven't swam one time, have run only a few times (but have done the elliptical machine and cybex arc trainer) and haven't touched my bike on the trainer--it's been a spin bike instead.

So, do you think I've lost it? Fitness that is? I sure am getting much stronger and I'm loosing bodyfat due to the dieting, but I'm afraid to get back into the pool, and I'm afraid of how my running performance is at this point.

Oh well...maybe I should just get into figure competitions. (my husband would kill me though, especially with this new 3,500.00 bike...lol)

any insight is appreciated. Kittycat
Quote Reply
Re: have I lost it?? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last thing you should be worrying about in December is lost fitness - you'll be fine. Now is the time to do the training that you enjoy.

Yes, you should get back in the water and back on the bike, but from the sounds of things, I doubt you have lost anything (your first swim back might not feel great, but you'll be fine).

mp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you did was shock your body, and thats good. When your doing the same thing day in and day out your muscles become accustomed to it but when you change it up your muscles have to get accustomed to the new routine, thus they grow.

2 hours does seem a little much to me, im usually in there and working out for 45 minutes max, unless there is a hottie to talk to, then its 2 hours, ha, just make sure you intake a lot of glutamine and protein after your workout to repair your muscles and aleviate the soreness.

-

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: have I lost it?? [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, this trainer is a real killer...I worked with him for 6 months after I decided to not do marathons anymore. I was so puny that literally I had to start with the baby blue colored 5lbs for arm curls. It was so hard to get strong again. Spider curls with 15's, and lat pulldown with 70 strict form, I've come a long way. Nothing hurts more than trying to get strong...at least that's my opinion.

and the protein I use is beverly international ultra size, and terry bryans egg protein. it's good stuff for sure. i've been growing quickly from it.
Last edited by: kittycat: Dec 14, 04 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how you expect us to give you any sound advice on your fitness without a complete set of photos...

;)
Quote Reply
Re: have I lost it?? [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very funny...lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, post your pic or you don't exist!

oh wait, I've never posted my pic either so maybe I don't exist!

Hell, I've never seen Frank Day's pic on here either so maybe he doesn't exist either! (Wishful thinking huh!)

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three weeks is about when you first start seeing a drop off in some of the key fitness parameters. However, this is after total inactivity.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: have I lost it?? [Timbit_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any pics of myself...I'm camera shy and really just don't have any--otherwise I'd do it. I haven't even gotten the proofs from our wedding done, and that was 3 years ago come New Year's Eve. I guess photos just aren't that important to me...it's more about memory and what's in the heart. (also, growing up we didn't do alot of pictures. when we did I hated it). But I promise by spring I'll post a pic--that gives me several months to actually do it.

kittycat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and several months to actually get in shape so that you don't scare the shit out of everyone here!

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lifting weight is very addictive. At first your sore and then you crave the "soreness" of the PUMP. Enjoy it for now and hit the pool/bike/road when the desire overcomes the crave.

J
Quote Reply