Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

good wheel deals which ship internationally fast
Quote | Reply
anyone know of any going?
Quote Reply
Re: good wheel deals which ship internationally fast [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bought a pair of Gipiemme Quattros with tubes/tires/rim tape for $200CAN shipped from Ribbles Cycles in the UK. Took about 2 weeks to get to me (arrived yesterday). Not the most aero or lightest on the market but nice wheels that look durable enough for someone like me. And at the price you can't beat them with a stick.
Quote Reply
Re: good wheel deals which ship internationally fast [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.torpedo7.com/...amp;CFTOKEN=16914807

would these wheels be any good? token pyrotec c2..reason im asking is cos they seem a reasonablke price and are local to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's the link if interested

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/...GenCode=GIPIWHFR0250

or if you're a Campy guy they have Ventos for a bit more here

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/...GenCode=CAMPWHFR0700
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from what I've heard (and seens from Ebay sales) Token has a pretty good reputation...and WOW...at the price compared to retail..tough to beat that one..maybe not the lightest in weight either but a good wheel none the less
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if they sell wheels but when I ordered my Stronglight compact cranks from xxcycle in France it was airmailed to Canada the next day and here a couple of days later. I don't get that kind of speed ordering from the USA or even elsewhere in Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Fulla, I got my Hed Alps from http://www.analyticcycling.com/ I searched for some time and found these guys were certainly close to being cheapest for Alps. Thier shipping costs were very competitive. I actually ended up getting my wheels added to a consolidated sea shipment through a friend here in Christchurch.

Analytic Cycling had them delivered to the address in the States within a couple of days. They were keen to ship them to NZ but it is quite expensive as wheels aren't exactly small and most shipping (air/surface) is caculated on cubic volume rather than weight.

As an aside, I researched long and hard and decided that with the Pacific Pisata (NZ Dollar!!) that these were the best bang for the buck wheels for the sort of riding/conditions here in NZ!! Going on your previous posts re K2 etc. that may be the case for you too.

Anyway that's my 2c worth.

Are you doing IMNZ?

Cheers, Scott in CH CH
Quote Reply
Re: good wheel deals which ship internationally fast [Scott in NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i am. are you? i cant really afford a wheelset over $1000 and i assume this would be the case re hed alps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also how much did it cost for them landed in nz?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, not this year. I've done it the last three years and last year did the C2C Longest Day/IM double!! Was a bit mentally spent after that. I am giving the Goldrush a nudge this year. I am coming up to IM so I won't miss out on the buzz!! I am actually looking forward to watching the race as I have not ever watched an IM.

Yeah the Alps were about $1450, landed. Still cheaper than from Multisport Bikes. A friend here in Ch CH just got a pair of Zipp 909's (Disc/Deep front) off e bay for about $1200 landed. That is a freakin deal and a half. Personally I am a wimp and wouldn't trust e bay but LOTS of people do.

I'll be cheering for you up in Taupo, Good Luck. Six weeks to go, be patient, nearly there!!!!

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cant say for one particular shop but whereever you buy look at EMS Postal express, it is done via most international post offices but is like a courier and can be tracked online in the shiiping and delivery country.

In the last 2 month I have bought 2 complete bikes, an autopilot and 2 laptops from 4 different countires and had them all shipped via EMS and always arrived under 7 days, one bike ex states arrived in 3!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kentiger; what kind of tax did you have to pay on those? Gst? Pst?
Quote Reply