Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

getting a bike fit and buying a saddle - do which first
Quote | Reply
I've been having pressure issues for awhile now and I've tried 3 different saddles at different angles and widths and can't find anything that says "aaahh". I've measured sit bones and angles and adjusted for the drop my rear wheel has compared to the front when riding rollers. I'm considering a Bisaddle, but my local shop, where I'd get the fit, does not sell them. Should I buy the saddle hoping it fits and get it all adjusted during the fit session or should I go with the fit and buy a saddle that the store carries and hope that fits? I'd kind of feel bad buying a Bisaddle for the fit session only to return it, should I care?

thanks in advance for any help
Barry

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: getting a bike fit and buying a saddle - do which first [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I did was ask the guy doing the fit if he'd have different saddles on hand and if trying them would eat into the available time or we could get it all done together.

So, in my case, it was both at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: getting a bike fit and buying a saddle - do which first [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A decent fitter should have at least 10 saddles for you to try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Position and saddle are puzzle pieces that fit together. There is no decoupling them and you should work with your fitter to address both in concert with each other.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out sportfitlab. they rent saddles. their service is a god-send. you can sit on several different saddles during a fitting (if your fitter has a lot of options to try) but you won't get any real world, long term rides out of a 3-5 min saddle test.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are going to do a tri fit just bring both the EXT and the SRT bisaddle. They have a great return policy, you might end up getting another saddle during the fit, but at least you can try them during the fit. And pretty good chance you like 1 of the 2.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply