Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmin 301
Quote | Reply
I just got the Garmin 301 and did my first run with it. I can not believe I went this long without having one of these. Is seem great.

Question: I was able to install the Garmin software on my laptop HOWEVER when I try to get it to work, it says, "Since this is the first time using the program, your device must be added to the training center. Please connect your device to the computer". I have my Garmin plugged to the USB cable that came with the unit. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: garmin 301 [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reboot. Assuming xp or 2000, it should pick it up automatically. Cannot remember with mine, but you're not supposed to plug it in prior to installing the software I believe is what the directions say...

Other than that I'm just guessing. One thing I did not like was its inability to track HR if you're not within satellite range. Have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with the version that came on the CD. I downloaded and installed version 2.3 from the garmin website and then everything worked fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are using the disc that came with it to install training center, go to garmins site and download the newer version then the 301 will work. I had the same problem.
Quote Reply