Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

foot injury 2.5 weeks out from a half im
Quote | Reply
ok so my foot has been a lil sore for the last week or so. coming up is half ironman in 2.5 weeks. i was meant to be using it as a buildup to the nz ironman in march but now with this foot injury im not so sure i should be doing much running in its weakened state. there is another half ironman in a month or so and this is the more important half for me of the 2.

should i flag the first half im to ensure i dont hurt myself anymore?
Quote Reply
Re: foot injury 2.5 weeks out from a half im [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The body you inhabit is not so strong as your spirit. Respect it's limitations! I find my mental stability is very closely tied to my ability to work out consistently. I could give two shits about racing, that's not what this is all about, at least to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It entirely depends on the injury. I ran the GFT 1/2IM 2 weeks before IMFL and injured my left foot around the ball of the foot. I was wearing the wrong shoes after the race, and then stepped on something in the middle of the night 10 days before IMFL. I had no problems in the race, but it entirely depends on your injury.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way to answer that. Depends on the injury. 2nd met stress fx - no. Capsulitis: sure.

Sounds like you should take the first 1/2 off though

See Monk, I'm still alive and 'kickin