Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

felt like a belgian
Quote | Reply
So I've got this awesome computrainer that I love to ride, but I've pretty much had it with being locked in the basement these days. Too dark, industrial and blah! Needed to get outside. It was about 32-33 all day, snowed yesterday but the roads and paths dried up over night. It was a cloudy, windy cold morning, and riding along the waterfront trail here, with snow on the ground and trees all around me, I felt like a Belgian pro training today. It felt good to be outside again, wind on face instead of a fan, feeling the connection with the road, the bike moving underneath me. And I love the stares and weird looks you get from people as they drive past you, so obviously thinking you are just a little bit nuts for being on a bike in that weather. Being outside today re-kindled my love for the road, which I had lost around September of this year for a variety of reasons, but now I can't get enough of it. I want to go outside tomorrow and the next day and the next and...well you get the idea. Not really sure where I'm going with this, just felt really happy to be alive today while I was out there, and thought I would share my good mood. :)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: felt like a belgian [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've just discovered the exact same thing I did one year ago...

Bought my computrainer in September, 2003. Rode indoors until December in the dreary basement, gradually getting more and more miserable. Finally bought a cyclocross bike in mid December 03 and made it outdoors at least once every weekend for the remainder of the winter. Much, much better than the trainer - only one ride where it wasn't "fun" though (20 below with one hellevu wind chill factor). Looking forward to doing the same this winter!

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job my friend and good post. You nailed it. I rode it Belgium as an amateur. It was pretty realistic, as we used to say.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I thought this was about Chimay, or Orval, or perhaps Ommegang.

My mistake. Carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply