Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
drew scott vs allen's kid
Quote | Reply
i haven't really paid much attention to the drew scott threads, other than to see he's fast. but this has me thinking ... doesn't mark allen have a son around the same age? I remember seeing a mid-1990s NBC Ironman with Julie Moss and their boy playing in the pool, and thought "kid's probably around 21 now ... bet he can race."

i want to see them race. each other.
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Mark's kid races recreationally, more of a surfer i think. But if you want kids of famous old triathletes to race, i just saw at least a 1/2 dozen of them in the olympic swimming trials. There were 3 Hinshaw triathletes in my day, it looks like they have a 1/2 kids that are at least top swimmers. Have to think some of them do triathlons, or at least will be in the near future. Rob Mackel's kid was also in there in the 400 IM, usually a good sign of a future multi sporter. I'm sure there are many more out there, anyone know of other wunderkin's..
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are breeding a bunch of them in Penticton...It is like the triathlon version of "The Boys From Brasil" up there..

----
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
They are breeding a bunch of them in Penticton...It is like the triathlon version of "The Boys From Brasil" up there..

----
\

The Brazillians are breeding Allens and Scotts in Canada???? Yikes!

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey monty i know you remember john devere (Wildflower winner on the old course). his wife was a collegiate swimmer and their daughter is an 8th grader who regularly enters sprint tris and is usually one of the top 3 women overall. she also won the NCNCA jr. state crit championships so she has one of those cool grizzly bear jerseys too. she's got the long legs of a high jumper so it will be interesting to see how her running improves once she gets to run XC in HS.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

----
\

---

There is somthing in the water up there.....

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His name is Mats Allen, he would be 19 now, only athlinks result i can find is when he was 17. First in his age group by 10 min, 2:22 in an Oly.
http://athlinks.com/...66/81615010/81798200

Mats Allen is not a member
Class: M 15 to 19
Bib: 819
Home: Santa Cruz, CA

Santa Cruz Triathlon
Mats Allen
CA
179/26

2:22:59
Last edited by: CP78: Jul 15, 12 11:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just found this! He's doing Vineman 70.3 next month!

Vineman Triathlon@VinemanTri 30 May
\Mats Allen, son of the one and only Mark Allen will be taking on his first 1/2 IM at 70.3 Vineman this summer.

2:50 PM - 30 May 12 via web · Embed this Tweet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested to know if Erin Baker & Scott Molina's kids race. Is there any other winners of Kona couples out there with kids?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey monty i know you remember john devere (Wildflower winner on the old course). his wife was a collegiate swimmer and their daughter is an 8th grader who regularly enters sprint tris //

Ya i ran into john and his daughter at wildflower this year for the 30th anniversary. I actually raced her, well kind of, we did the same event. I think she won her AG and was very high overall. Definitely a talent to watch out for. And i just thought of another kid, Dean Harpers son. Not sure if he still races, but several years ago he did a sprint with dean and i, and i just barley beat the both of them, think he was 16 or so then. If he kept going he should be pretty fast by now..
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [AlphaQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlphaQ wrote:
I'd be interested to know if Erin Baker & Scott Molina's kids race. Is there any other winners of Kona couples out there with kids?
---

Off the top of my head I don't think that there are any other "couples who have both won Kona" who are still a couple.

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Souza's kids run well!
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

----
\

Is that where the idea of fur bikini's came from? Sweeeeet!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juha-pdx wrote:
Both Souza's kids run well!

Yes, the year would not be complete without a Kenny Souza reference! Who cares about his kids? (ok, he does).

Let's see Kenny out here again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there would need to be a reboot of the movie before a good percentage of ST got the reference.

Who Dares...Wins!
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His kids can run. :)

It's not always the case that the off-spring of talented athletes do much with their latent talent, look at Lemond's boy; pretty un-traditional route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder what his plans for the future are? Did he race ITU at all? Does he have a job?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing this thread back since Mats Allen is racing Vineman now, 1st on the swim, average bike so now he's 4th starting the run. What would he need to qualify for Vegas in his age group? Then theres a Drew Scott matchup, although Drew seems a lot faster on the bike.

http://edge.raceresults360.com/.../mxLvrk//person/1844
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see where the comparison of the two kids is sort of interesting and all, but I also hope they can just race without a lot of the whole second generation father/son /rivalry/hoopla kind of thing.
Last edited by: Mark M: Jul 15, 12 15:48
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what AG is drew scott?? Matt Allen is 15-19. Whoa. Didn't know they had such young AG. Plus it was Allen's first 70.3 right? I think a 5:00 for a 1st 70.3 before he's out of high school means he's got potential. A LOT of it.
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5hrs for a half is solid, but not incredible, its not even in the top 200 overall. Having a v.good swim is a bonus (hardest aspect to work on) his run and bike are pretty average. He's a bit young to be racing HIM (speaking from personal experience racing 1 at 18 5:35hrs and another at 19 4:43hrs)

Drew Scott is 22 and is LEGIT, he will be a competitive Pro athlete next year. Raced him at Boulder Peak, his performance (and espeically bike time) was super impressive! He needs a better run, a 36min 10k and 1:24 Half Split are v.good for an Ag'er but not good enough for a Pro.

Followed Drew Scott on Strava he has quite a few KOMs.

Quote | Reply
Mats is actually in the same group, WTC is 18-24. If there was a 15-19 group Mats would have won today, fastest time for anyone under 21. His bike time pretty agerage and open to big improvement. I did a 2:45 split and I barely train and am pretty avg on races overall so he can improve big time.
SpicedRum wrote:
what AG is drew scott?? Matt Allen is 15-19. Whoa. Didn't know they had such young AG. Plus it was Allen's first 70.3 right? I think a 5:00 for a 1st 70.3 before he's out of high school means he's got potential. A LOT of it.
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [cannastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the bike being avg , but a 1:42 half is a solid run for that age group, 2nd in his division. Can't compare a kid doing his first half to pros. ALso endurance runners don't peak till late 20s.

cannastar wrote:
5hrs for a half is solid, but not incredible, its not even in the top 200 overall. Having a v.good swim is a bonus (hardest aspect to work on) his run and bike are pretty average. He's a bit young to be racing HIM (speaking from personal experience racing 1 at 18 5:35hrs and another at 19 4:43hrs)

Drew Scott is 22 and is LEGIT, he will be a competitive Pro athlete next year. Raced him at Boulder Peak, his performance (and espeically bike time) was super impressive! He needs a better run, a 36min 10k and 1:24 Half Split are v.good for an Ag'er but not good enough for a Pro.

Followed Drew Scott on Strava he has quite a few KOMs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
i haven't really paid much attention to the drew scott threads, other than to see he's fast. but this has me thinking ... doesn't mark allen have a son around the same age? I remember seeing a mid-1990s NBC Ironman with Julie Moss and their boy playing in the pool, and thought "kid's probably around 21 now ... bet he can race."

i want to see them race. each other.

Mats Allen raced Kona as an AG'er. Finished 10:22:09. Mark Allen posted the following youtube this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVzuNiD8c58
Quote Reply
Re: drew scott vs allen's kid [CanUsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Mats Allen was racing Kona. His bike was racked about 5 spots over from mine. Did a double take in the morning seeing Mark there helping him fill his tires and get ready to race. Kind of a cool moment to witness.
Quote Reply

Prev Next