Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

does your HRM strap slide down?
Quote | Reply
i have a constant problem with the strap on the transmitter on my heart rate monitor sliding down. is this normal? does anybody make anything to prevent this from happening (e.g., a rubberized strap; some kind of bra-type thing that would go over your shoulders and look ridiculous, though would do the job; etc.)?

i admit that i'm a former swimmer and have a swimmer's v-shaped upper body, so that may help push it down a bit. i know that i can just tighten the strap a ton, but that's really not too comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: does your HRM strap slide down? [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only to my pot belly! :~)

Aloha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this problem only on hard runs. I can't get a HR measurement in a running race. I am not burdened with a v-shapped swimmer's body.

I have actually thought about stapling it to my shirt, but that is just too ridiculous.

I usually find an attractive woman to draft on such runs. No way I am wearing a bra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can try to get the elastic strap part of the belt wet. Since my transmitter belt only would slide down while running and not during the run portion of tri's, I figured that the only difference was that the belt got wet during the swim. Seems to work for me.

But I still look more like a runner than a swimmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yhea... but I got lats like Lee Haney ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: does your HRM strap slide down? [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine slides down until it is an inch under my pecs, but no more. I always snug it up out of habit, but it takes readings in either place. Just keep the strap nice and tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haven't fixed the problem completely but the new Polar wealink strap slides down a LOT less than the old strap did on my. I readjust once or twice per run at most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could get one of those bra type straps for girls..........helps to keep man boobs from flopping....Bro-zere.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply