Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

do your copies of TRIATHLETE and INSIDE TRIATHLON arrive in tatters??
Quote | Reply
I have been a long standing subscriber to both Inside Triathlon and Triathlete magazines. I am aware that with relatively low circulation rates these publications must use bulk mailing, but I am growing tired of both magazines arriving with the covers torn and the magazine in general looking like it has been sitting in an office waiting room for a couple years. Inside Triathlon at least provides a heavy paper cover for mailing, but last month the cover arrived with no magazine inside. (they were kind enough to re-mail the magazine to me). I subscribe to these mags mostly out of habit; when I first began receiving them many years ago there was no internet and they were good sources of multisport information. Now you can find anything you want on the 'net and maybe more. I still enjoy the magazines for the photos and such but when it arrives in tatters then the quality of the pictures is lessened substantially. Both are available at my LBS or Barnes & noble. I am considering letting my subscriptions lapse, only because I feel the money is wasted when the condition of the magazine itself is so poor. I have written to both magazine subscription departments and have been told the cost of providing a cover is too great at this time. Any thoughts??
Quote Reply
Re: do your copies of TRIATHLETE and INSIDE TRIATHLON arrive in tatters?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AT least you are getting yours. For the past 18 months Itri, Velonews and Triathlete have been a crap shoot to see if they even make the trip. VeloNews is especially dodgy. The last few issues of ITri have been OK and Traithlete also although they are chewed up.

I emailed the ITri people and they did send a issue and extended my sub for a couple of issues which I thought was commendable.
Quote Reply
Re: do your copies of TRIATHLETE and INSIDE TRIATHLON arrive in tatters?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Triathlete mag and Velo New (fal7) make it through the USPS fine, however, somethings late. I have had a couple Triathlete mags post ...uh DNA (did not arrive).
Quote Reply
Watch those postmen [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  They are all a bunch of Ironmen in training. Carrying that sack 16mi a day for training, they must stop and read your mags. G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That happens with all my mags, unless they are mailed in a protective mylar bag. Sometimes they are fine, other times they are trashed. Once in a while, and this happens with European Car most often, it sure looks like someone's been reading it.(the fingerprints on the edges are a bit of a giveaway.)

The thing that bugs me most though, is that the delivery guy folds everything in half, so all the magazines get delivered with a crease down the middle, making it impossible to lay the damned thing flat.

It could be worse, I suppose. When I moved into my neighborhood two years ago, they had to remove the mailman because instead of delivering the mail he was throwing it into a small pond. Apparently he was overwhelmed by all the work, what with driving a little truck around all morning, so when he got tired he'd just toss whatever was left over into a pond and go home. And he lives int this neighborhood.

I now have very low expectations.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: do your copies of TRIATHLETE and INSIDE TRIATHLON arrive in tatters?? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine never arrived.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Inside Triathlon at least provides a heavy paper cover for mailing, but last month the cover arrived with no magazine inside. (they were kind enough to re-mail the magazine to me)."

Same thing happened to my last Triathlete, only the promised replacement issue has yet to arrive. I think maybe the USPS is having problems as some of my other mail has arrived mangled or several weeks late in a plastic baggie.
Quote Reply