Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

di2-1x questions
Quote | Reply
I'm just throwing this out there to see if its possible doing a di2-1x on my 2009 P2 (not drilled for di2), without any drilling. I was thinking of just getting the aero shifters (well, just the right one, and then finding a broken left one and taking the internals out of it). To save money I won't get the brake lever di2s. I know, what's the point, right? I really want the crisp shifting after trying it out. Maybe I'll do the brake levers in the future, but for now just the extensions.

Anyways, with the new di2, can the wires fit in the downtube holes (currently where the shifter cables go), and come out where the cable comes out under the BB? I may have read it wrong, but I thought everything was thinner on the new version to fit into the holes where mechanical shifter cables would go.

From the tip of the extension to the junction box (which would be flipped upside down under the stem), the wires would be inside the extensions, so I'm good there.

And what else would I need under the bottom bracket, as well as which seatpost battery can I mount externally (like on the downtube)?

Would the di2-wire from under the bottom bracket go through the seat-stay and out where the cable goes out?

Finally, do you think this whole thing would work with an edco-cassette, or lasco-concepts cassette, where they strip off the necessary material on the back of an 11-speed cassette to fit on a 10-speed hub?

Keep in mind this would only be for 1 shifter.

A lot of questions I know, but I appreciate any help.
Last edited by: MikenUltra: May 12, 19 16:53
Quote Reply