Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cycling shoe orthotics vs. le wedge
Quote | Reply
My IT band has been bothering me for a few days, it started acting up a few days ago on a longish recovery ride. It's never really bothered me before, and I'm 99.9% sure it's not from running. So Itook out the lazer again and took a look at my knee during my pedal stroke. It was diving a bit, kind going outward as I lifted and inward as I pushed, basically my foot was overpronating. So I put my old orthotics (which I no longer run with) into my cycling shoes and vooala (how do you spell that?) my pedal stroke is straight and I feel MUCH more powerful. So my question is why would one choose le wedge over a cycling shoe orthotic (price aside)? The wedge is just going to put your foot at an angle to correct for (correct me if I'm wrong) fore foot varus. A custom orthotic on the other hand will correct for forefoot varus and will correct for collapsing arches during loading. It seems to me that with the orthotic you correct two causes of knee dive, where as with le wedge you only correct for one. Yes I know you can't account for leg length discrepancies with the orthotics, I guess this would be a case for combining the two.

Thanks.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: cycling shoe orthotics vs. le wedge [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orthotics = $$ compared with le wedge. And you need to go somewhere to have them properly done. One's the $0.02 solution, the other the $200.00 solution (or whatever good orthotics run these days..)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: cycling shoe orthotics vs. le wedge [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your insurance will cover the orthotics get them, because, well why not? I don't know of anything the Le Wedge does that a custom made orthotic won't do better.

After five years of running in orthotics I finally got molded for some cycling ones two weeks ago. They're going to be blue carbon fiber (ya baby).

I can't wait. Pics to come.
Quote Reply