Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

choices
Quote | Reply
I have ordered stuff to upgrade my bike to full ultegra 10.

I have a U 10 crank and BB on the way. I am contemplating do i want to resell them and get a rotor crank or, keep them and get q rings and a wetsuit for around the same price.

If i don't get the wetsuit now i will probably end up buying it in january anyways.

i am also going to need race wheels as well. I am thinking about 808's, should i use race day wheels then buy them or just buy them new? has anyone bought the wheels that they got from RDW? where they in good condition? if not where is the cheapest places to get zipps?

zipps, wetsuit and rotor crank i am looking at about 3200.

zipps, wetsuit and q rings would be about 2700 or so.

what to do?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: jonny dough: Dec 12, 05 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: chooses [jonny dough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What additional benefits do the Rotor cranks have over just going with the Q-Rings?

Also, any chance of getting a Q-Ring TT ring? Similar to the big ring on the Rotor Cranks. No I am not asking for stiffness or aero reason, I just think it looks cool.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: chooses [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from the site...

Q-Rings offer some of the benefits of Rotor Cranks while enabling cyclists to use their current cranks. Q-Rings also offer a somewhat comparable solution to the inefficiency of the dead-spot, at a lower cost and reduced weight, over the Rotor System Cranks.

Q-Rings are unlike the asymmetric Bio-Pace and O.SYMETRIC chainrings inasmuch as Q’s are symmetrical.

Q-Rings are conceived and designed incorporating all the bio-mechanical knowledge and experience achieved by ROTOR CRANKS during recent years. The concept behind Q-Rings enables you to push an effective bigger gear while in the power down stroke when your leg muscles are able to apply more power and an effective smaller gear while in the dead-spots; while producing a smooth pedaling motion. Riders report that “it is like dancing up the hill.”

The ROTOR patented OCP System (Optimum Chainring Position) enables you to customize the position of the Q-Rings where they best suit your personal needs and desires.

Qrings are probably my answer since i am not sure how much i would need to costumize the crank...

i agree that the rotorcrank TT ring looks awesome and thats part of the atraction. :) call me vain. but it doesn't look like you can get it seperate.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The whole Rotor Crank/Q Ring thing is something I am intersted in....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: chooses [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,
Since your interested in them i assume that you haven't tried them? are you thinking about a product review for them?

Quote Reply
Re: chooses [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom

Any knowledge of a Q-Rings TT Ring? 2 of us here admit to being vain and cheap (a poor combination). We like the looks of the big ring on the Rotor Cranks but the price of the Q-Rings.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can't read my own posts.

Last edited by: jonny dough: Dec 12, 05 10:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The website says the Q Rings are symmetrical as well.

I am not worried about function, just think the ring is cool looking and would consider it if you could get a TT-style Q-Ring.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed, since i even posted it. hmm...dipshit manuever. i just emailed Gary Tingley to ask him, if a TT Q ring is avialible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks man. And yeah, I was suprised to see you debating yourself...HAHA...let me know if you hear anything. Take care.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary's response "There are no TT Q Rings, or solid designs, the largest tooth pattern is 53T"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply