Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes
Quote | Reply
Wich will be the models available in 2008? At wich price points? Color schemes already defined?
When do we know that?
Thanks, Marcos

http://www.marcosapenedoamaral.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [marcos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump away, but Eurobike and Interbike are right around the corner. We'll know more as they approach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd place my bet on a P4 in 2008.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They definitely have something new coming out. The question is, what does that mean for the current models in terms of price and whether or not they continue. Last year the price was cut $400 on the P2C.

The P3SL was scrapped when the P3C came out, it sound like the P2SL is staying but the Dual is gone from what I have heard.

How about their road bikes? The SL versions are relatively new so I am not sure there will be much there. I have heard a white R3. I am hoping to get an R3, I really like the current colors so am hoping to maybe find an 07 at a closeout price.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'd place my bet on a P4 in 2008. "

I wouldn't look for any radical changes in the new models. How much more can be done with a double diamond frame design that hasn't been done already?

But then you never know - Gerard might surprise us. If anybody can in the industry, it would be Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I have heard some scuttlebut about a new bike. Nothing more then it is comming though, so I will have to wait until interbike...well that is if it is released then.

World Military Games(possible)-2008 Estonia
IMFL 2008

Cats dont like riding on bicycles....no matter how much duct tape you use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any ideas on wich components and price point will be the P2SL? Are they upgrading it?

Thanks, MArcos.

http://www.marcosapenedoamaral.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand the Dual is being discontinued and the P2 is replacing it as their entry level tt bike. As for components, I'd be surprised if they changed the current options. You can get a P2 with paint finish and Ultegra components, a P2 with anodized finish and Durace components, and then another Durace version that also has upgraded handle bards and cranks I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [Jason Billows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told the same that the Dual is gone. I am looking for any info regarding a color change for the Carbon Soloist since it has been out there 2 years. Anyone heard otherwise?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is always more that can be done with the double diamond frame. People thought the double diamond frame was maxed out, but then Cervelo came out with the P3 and everything changed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"There is always more that can be done with the double diamond frame"

Like what - adding dimples?

The design is probably more or less maxed out. There may be small improvements, but we're likely talking milliseconds rather than minutes. You won't see anything like the huge aero savings of a P3 over a round tubed bike or a disc over a 32 box spoke in future bicycle aerodynamic design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably true the design is close to maxed out but it looks like the future of making bikes more aerodynamic is going towards integrating components into the overall frame design. Felt DA and Specialized new Transition bike are examples of that. So if Cervelo is thinking about improving the aerodynamic of P3C I would assume it will include building the frame more integrated with the components to improve the aerodynamic of the whole package. You should also expect that the experience from building the Cervelo Soloist Carbon, R3, SLC SL and R3 SL will all make it into a new Cervelo TT "killing" machine (carbon layup/stiffness to weight etc)! A lot of technology went into their latest road bikes while the P3C was already out.

So, questions is, will we see it at interbike or not before TdF next year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind I am not an engineer, but maybe adding a curved top tube? or a rear brake by the BB? Or something crazy like removing the seat stays? I don't know -- those are all just wild suggestions -- but there are always improvements that can be made to any product. Out of the box thinking can do amazing things.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
maybe adding a curved top tube?

That would be very unlikely to improve the aerodynamics (and might actually increase drag). Moreover, UCI rules limit just how curved such a frame member could be.

In Reply To:
a rear brake by the BB?

Marginal (if any) aerodynamic benefit, large penalty in terms of user-friendliness (trust me, I own a Hooker).

In Reply To:
removing the seat stays?

Not legal under UCI rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or something crazy like removing the seat stays?

There goes that UCI legal thing--which it seems Cervelo likes to adhere to the UCI rules. But I agree they're not done innovating.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know its against UCI; I was just throwing out some ideas. I agree: there's a lot more innovation to come from Cervelo and the other companies.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"removing the seat stays"

That's soooooo 90's. :-)

Just look at any of the beam bikes that have been around for years - Softride, Titanflex, etc. Besides, once you do that it's no longer a double diamond frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   I'm hoping they come out with a tri bike! No, really, think about it...is there a such thing as one "optimal" geometry for 74 - 79 degrees (add seat adj for an even greater range). It would be nice to see what they came up with if they said, "screw UCI rules, let's make the best bike we can for the tri community!"
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2008 tt/tri bikes [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some areas where I believe there could be marginal improvement
  • Integrated stem/steerer that blends into the top tube
  • Integrated brake/fork
  • Downtube with a cutout, closer to the front wheel

Quote Reply