Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cancellara using the alloy VT bars
Quote | Reply
Why would he be doing this...especially since he always rode the carbon?
http://www.velonews.com/photo/gallery/87777
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [PlacidPirate108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I noticed the alloy base bar felt stiffer to me than the carbon fiber base bar. For me, no big difference. For a fellow as strong and Cancellara, it might actually make a difference.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any videos of him tearing it up and is the Prologo TR saddle already short or is it a nose cut-off factory special??

Ray

USA Cycling Cat. 2 Coach!! Yahoo
... ... ... ... ...
http://www.raysracingadventures.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has always liked things as stiff as possible. See the above photo for his choice of the Gossamer bars and he also used the FSA Gossamer cranks instead of the carbon ones with his Cervelo last year. Like Tom, I suspect he probably can tell a diff that I could not since he puts out a wee bit more power than us mortals here ...

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most pro cyclists prefer Alloy handlebars & stems.

======================
The older I get, the faster I was
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [tomertz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Most pro cyclists prefer Alloy handlebars & stems.

Why do you say that? It may be true, just curious as to your source of info? I sure do and can post pictures of my reasons!

Quote | Reply
This makes me really feel stupid for lusting after the 3T Ventus bar. Now, I know the 3t is faster, but more proof that it's the legs that matter.

Of course, the 3T bar would always be faster if I put out 250 watts or 450.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vaughters says he runs most of his training bikes with alloy bars. They're usually stiffer, the same weight, cheaper, and stand up to more of a beating. Don't forget that most of these guys get a massage every night, so they don't need to worry about vibration terribly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a new integrated Vision setup? doesn't look like the base bar with clip-ons. looks a little more slick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question is why is he not using the "worlds fastest wheel set"???

Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Obviously the person can power this bike extremely well! Just because according to "DATA" something is the fastest does not always hold up in the real world!!
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [tricrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what does a negative drag wheel do when it can not fit the new bike designs? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you say that? It may be true, just curious as to your source of info?

You're probably busier at work than I am, so don't have quite as much time to browse CyclingNews' photo galleries. I don't know if I would say "most," but CyclingNews does go out of there way to show how many pros are riding aluminum bars, it's usually quite a few (and typically the caption says something like "although a bit heavier, rider XYZ prefers aluminum bars for the extra security."

Which based on your own experiences I am sure you would agree with ;-)

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why would he be doing this...especially since he always rode the carbon?
http://www.velonews.com/photo/gallery/87777
The hole Team use Alloy TT bar

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He rode the Gossamer cranks because they were the only ones that came in 180 mm length.
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"This makes me really feel stupid for lusting after the 3T Ventus bar. Now, I know the 3t is faster, but more proof that it's the legs that matter."

you didn't know it was the legs that matter? ;-)

what you won't hear from cancellara is what bike/aerobar/crank he personally thinks is the best. if he lost all his sponsorships, what would he ride? you'll never know that.

so i don't think you should pay much attention to what he rides if the idea is to form a basis for choosing what you should ride. specialized bikes are underneath that team because, according to several parties very close to the process, a lot of his team's cash budget is now coming from his bike sponsor (where that was not formerly the case). not that there's anything wrong with that. had the bidding gone differently cancellara would've been still aboard a cervelo, or riding a scott plasma, or that highroad giant reminiscent of half-p3 half-look 496. and he still would've won yesterday regardless of what bike he was on, we just don't know if he'd have won by a greater or lesser margin.

like cancellara, a pro triathlete's bike event is 4:32 in length. except it's 4hr 32min, not 4min 32sec. so if you want to emulate a pro, i'd find a very good triathlete who's got a good position, and who has a thoughtful and honest approach to explaining his position and equipment, and the knowledge to know what it all means. honestly, i've been struck by how unsophisticated most pro bike racers are when it comes to equipment, especially TT stuff.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: cancellara using the alloy VT bars [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, say what you want about those bikes but that is a nice paint scheme.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG!! He's using the same $98 retail alloy base bar as me... The world is coming to an end!!
Run, Chicken Little, RUN!!!
Quote Reply