Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda
Quote | Reply
i know i still rock so im going to lower my seat a little..tia
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [swaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [swaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that you signed your name "tia" and I was picturing someone who looked like Tia Carerre. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by the way..my neck and shoulders hurt a lot at the 60mile mark and on but maybe thats normal..im a newbie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The purple Neon has gotta go!

shorter stem and remove some spacers

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your gutter is broken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As you can see, you have ZERO chance of getting a normal answer to bike fit on this forum unless you have tits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all about comfort! If your neck and shoulders are getting stiff try relaxing your upper body and change your position which the course will demand anyway. The scenery is beautiful, so look around and enjoy the ride. This should help with the stiffness.

Good luck!

Enjoy the journey!
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [cowtippers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As you can see, you have ZERO chance of getting a normal answer to bike fit on this forum unless you have tits.

Amen to that!

Kinda strange though, it's usually how it works with teenagers but I think we have more than our share of old dogs in here don't we :-D

;-)

I hope you'll get some feedback
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
shorter stem and remove some spacers
Neck/shoulders are already bugging him. Losing spacers will make that worse. Agree on shortening the stem, looks as stretched out as I like to be, which is surely a sign of "iffy" fit. Note: I am slowly beginning to like a more of what I considered a choked up position, which is ~90 degrees, and the proper/preferred position.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tell your neighbors to cut their grass.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm no expert....but your position looks kind of like mine before my fit. Your shoulders appear to be very curved, as though you are reaching your elbows to the pads, not by flattening your back but by curving your shoulders instead. I'd bet you could raise your pads on a riser, uncurve your shoulders and not raise your back at all. This may also help your neck at about mile 60!!

BTW.....at one point the fitter raised my areobars up about 10cm and my back came up only 2cm. My shoulders were VERY curved. I got mcuh faster and was way compfy!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [cowtippers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least he is showing some nipple. More than I can say for the supposedly hot women on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Which also means he could use some more flexibility in the low back, hips, and glutes.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try moving the saddle forward...or go with a shorter stem.
Your forearms should be parallel. They look like they are pointing down slightly.
Back and neck pain could be caused by elbow pads being too close together, try to widen them a little bit.

Very nice clothes line in the pic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, don't change anything before CDA. If you've been riding like that for all your training thus far, I wouldn't change anything this close to the race.
Quote Reply
Re: but how bout my position..couldnt lose those last 8lbs for imcda [Drinyth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woud definitely get your bars closer to the saddle - a stem about an inch shorter would be welcome - this should address the shoulder issue, as you're using your muscles, rather than your bones, to support your upper body.

Not sure you have time to try it before Coeur D'Alene, though...except if you KNOW that your upper back will suffer on 180k, then I would risk changing the stem and trying it in a 2h easy ride beforehand to make sure you are at least as comfortable, if not more...

Good luck at CDA!
Quote Reply