Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

brain books
Quote | Reply
any good sport phsycology books out there? i'm in a rebuilding process and would love to have my tiger woods focus back. can't seem to find it.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: brain books [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jon Boy,

Check out The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey. I have this book and have yet to crack it, BUT you just may have given me the needed push to do so. Check out the review below. It's not just about Tennis.

I Used This Book To Improve My Bowling... and IT HELPED!, April 18, 2003
Reviewer: Chris Madsen (see more about me) from San Leandro, CA United States I was in a rut years ago when my bowling coach told me to stop practicing and just read this book. At the time I was entering three tournaments per month, so just quiting practice seemed silly. But hey, I'd been stinking the place up for 4 months and hadn't made a single cut!

So I stopped practicing and read this book in two days. I made the cut in the next several tournaments! I scaled back my practicing and just kept the book with me on the road. While I didn't win any tournaments, I placed second in four of them!

This is NOT just a tennis book. I recommend this to anyone who has any skills in any sport and find yourself performing below your capabilities. IT WILL HELP!

I gave my copy to my dad for his golf game and am buying a new copy as I find myself getting back into my sport.

I also put together this amazon.com link for you. Cheers http://www.amazon.com/.../103-3184886-3894206

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: brain books [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
once a again sean you are the heat.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/url]CJ,

I found the list below online. I'm not familiar with all the titles, but it'll give you a good starting point. You can see that Nideffer and Orlick have several titles on the list. I'd also suggest checking into The New Toughness Training by James Loehr and Thinking Body Dancing Mind by Jerry Lynch.

Two of my favorites The Total Runner also by Lynch and The Competitive Runner (Mental Toughness Training for Distance Runners) by Richard Elliot are very hard to find. Elliot's book used to be available at trackandfieldnew.com, but I don't see it there anymore.

Hope that helps,

Zeke

Title Author

Advances in Sport Psychology T S Horn

Athlete's Guide to Mental Training R M Nideffer

Coaches Guide to Sport Psychology R Martens

Coaches Manual T Orlick

Coaches Training Manual to Psyching for Sport T Orlick

Competitive Anxiety in Sport R Martens et al

Fitness Motivation W J Rejeski & E A Kenney

In Pursuit of Excellence - How to Win in Sport and Life Through Mental Training T Orlick

Mind Store Jack Black

Performing Your Best Tom Kubistant

Psyched to Win R M Nideffer

Psyching for Sport T Orlick

Psychological Dynamics of Sport D L Gill

Psychology of Sport Injury J Heil

Sport and Exercise Psychology R S Weinberg & D G Gould

Sports Psychology Dr Stephen J Bull

The Athlete's Guide to Sports Psychology - Mental Skills for Physical People D V Harris & B L Harris

The Exercise Fix Richard Benyo
Last edited by: Zeke: Aug 29, 03 6:03
Quote Reply
Re: brain books [Zeke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'd also suggest checking into The New Toughness Training by James Loehr and Thinking Body Dancing Mind by Jerry Lynch.

Two of my favorites The Total Runner also by Lynch and The Competitive Runner (Mental Toughness Training for Distance Runners) by Richard Elliot [/reply]

How about "Think Fast: Mental toughness training for runners" byHenderson and Leohr? That seems to be a combination of all the above titles and authors. I haven't read the book myself and it is out of print, but it is available at Amazon used for $4.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Inner Athlete by Dan Millman

Flow and Flow in Sports by Mihaly Chitzenmihaly ( name probably spelled wrong)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything by Jim Loeher.
Quote Reply