Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bontrager TT wheelset opinions
Quote | Reply
Does anyone ride the Bontrager TT wheelset or have any opinions/advice on it (see it at http://www.bontrager.com/...asp?id=118&pt=10) ? It looks very very similar to the Zipp 909 wheelset and it's used by the posties. Does anyone ride this in TT or Triathlon competition?

What's the maximum rider weight likely to be for this wheelset, with the front just having 16 spokes? I guess a 175lb rider won't be a problem on such a low-spoked wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: bontrager TT wheelset opinions [StefanW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's similar to the zipp 909 because it's the same thing. zipp sold them to bontrager (or however that works out), and bontrager rebadged them as their own. it's similar to the deal with zipp now selling their rims to american classic and cane creek (and others i'm sure). i do believe that it's more expensive than the zipps though, because it passes through more hands. later,

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: bontrager TT wheelset opinions [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bontrager carbon wheels do not use the same rim as zipp. Trek manufactures their own rims in house.

andrew

In Reply To:
it's similar to the zipp 909 because it's the same thing. zipp sold them to bontrager (or however that works out), and bontrager rebadged them as their own. it's similar to the deal with zipp now selling their rims to american classic and cane creek (and others i'm sure). i do believe that it's more expensive than the zipps though, because it passes through more hands. later,
Quote Reply
Re: bontrager TT wheelset opinions [andrew-taft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's cool. i figured that might have been a possibility, but i do know that the bontrager disk is a rebadged zipp disk. the bontrager TT setup is one of those fancy carbon x-lite wheels with a bontrager/zipp disk in that case. i do know that much from my experience working at a bike shop.

mckenzie
Quote Reply