Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

biobuilde
Quote | Reply
I have been adding whey protein to my smoothies. Saw an add for Biobuilde that seemed to indicate that 70% of the whey protein effect was "waste" and that Biobuilde has minimal waste with respect to the benefit of the aminos, etc. What is this all about? Anyone use this product?
Quote Reply
Re: biobuilde [waytooslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had several threads about the stuff a few months *or maybe years now) ago. It was pretty much agreed by all that the stuff is marketing hype.

Have not seen the hype but there may be some truth to the claims. Depending on the manufacturing process, the size of the whey protien particle can be filtered down to a very small size which allows for greater bioavailability. This is required for medical foods for renal (Kidney dialysis) patients that my wife's boss works with. Since using the medical grade protien, I've found my recovery has been enhanced and time of for rebuilding muscle that was broken down in the effort is reduced.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: biobuilde [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mildly OT, but I have to say it anyway: When I subscribed to Triathlete magazine, I used an email address that would be easy to identify as being from the magazine. I now gets at least one email per week to that address. The emails are from BodyHealth.com, advertising BioBuilde. I'm pissed at both Triathlete magazine for selling my email address, and BioBuilde for continuing to spam me. For bonus points, BioBuilde/BodyHealth.com hasn't removed my name from the mailing list even though I sent a message to their opt-out address.

I can't comment on the product, because I'll never buy a product that spams me.

(Actually, I set up my mail program to automatically delete any mail to the address, but I still see a message when it happens)

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply