Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike fitting in south florida
Quote | Reply
does anyone know of a good bike fitter in south florida?

Preferably palm beach or broward counties.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: bike fitting in south florida [tripod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick at Top Cycle in Palm Beach has been around for a long time (multiple IM finisher...kicked my ass last year...) and is the main tri shop in the area. I've been fit by him and he is definitely a "fit is an art, not a science" kinda guy. Lots of plumb lines and tweaks. "Just a skoshe" is the most common unit of measurement. You can reach him at 561-835-9368.

Racer's Edge in Boca is another popular spot. I don't know these guys, but a fit report can be found at: http://www.syndicate3.com/...tid=1040&posts=1

Do you live around here (Palm Beach County)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve,

I live in wellington. I actually purchased a bike from patrick and I like him alot. The problem is I have never been truly comfortable on the bike and am looking for more of a measurement type of guy to see if that helps.

Thanks for the information,

Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give racers edge a try. Good rep and one of the local coaches (Rich Nixon) uses them a lot. Check out the forum on www.syndicate3.com for the local happenings. Several of us are gearing up for IMFL or MOO, so there will be plenty long rides. I'm doing the Sebring 12/24 hour bike race in two weeks, sometime in March/April I am riding from West Palm to Sarasota, Gulf Coast in May and then the summer sprint stuff while getting ready for IMFL. Later.
Quote Reply
Re: bike fitting in south florida [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

I would like to ride with other people some day.

Let me know if you guys mind having a slow rider come along. I am training for the florida 1/2 and that will be my first try at that distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slow is just fine. A few others down here are doing the disney 1/2. Check Syndicate for ride schedules...

Later
Quote Reply