Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
best ear buds for sports.
Quote | Reply
I am killing ear buds after ear buds and I am so tired!

I killed sooo many Jaybird X1, X2 it is not even funny and now the deny warranty claiming that the lifetime warranty against sweat is on the 2 years life of the battery. Bought a set of anker soundbuds flow on amazon for cheap, last 2 rowing sessions.

What is working well for you? I am an heavy sweater. Wires don’t works because of the rowing movement and track.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [zambony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also been on the lookout for some, and ran across these recommended by DC Rainmaker.
https://www.amazon.com/.../B01DWHPMEG/dcr07-20

These Jabra's also come highly recommended by some some trail runners I know.
https://www.amazon.com/...arging/dp/B07BHF993Q

I'm likely going to go with the skullcandy ones since I tend to go through these quickly (either sweat, or losing a single earpiece)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Beats Powerbeats version 2 & 3. My dog ate my V2's after about 6 months of use, didn't have any issues with them in that time. The V3's lasted about about 13 months, then died from sweat just past the warranty. Overall they were good headphones, strong bluetooth connection, great battery life. All the tips they provided didn't really seal the earbud off very well, so they weren't great for noisy environments, but that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you like headphones for running/biking etc. I was pretty happy with the Beats, but at $130 a pair, its hard to stomach if they only last a year.

After that I picked up a pair of Jaybird Runs. These have been a pretty mixed bag. On my iPhone I have lots of trouble getting them to connect to the Jaybird App, which you use to change the equalizer built into the headphones. This was annoying because the stock equalizer was flat and didn't sound very good. Once I did manage to get them setup correctly with an equalizer that I liked, they sound pretty good. I've also been really surprised with how well they stay in my ears and seal really well. The bluetooth connection to my phone on these has been ok, but not great. I've already had them replaced once under warranty because the charging case stopped working. First it stopped charging the left earbud, then about a week later it stopped working all together. That first set of earbuds also refused to auto-connect to the last device, the new set works just fine. The warranty process with Jaybird was pretty easy, but they're slow to respond and it took about 2 weeks from start to finish to get them replaced. All that said, the "true" wireless eadbud concept is fantastic. I probably wouldn't recommend these, but I do look forward to the day that I can buy a really well produced set of these.
Last edited by: Sikedsyko: Oct 4, 18 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apple AirPods. I thought I would have issues with them falling out but it hasn't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge fanbois of the Trekz Titanium over-ear conduction headphones.

It's like being in a room full of music but you still have full awareness of external cues. Mine have lasted 2 years of heavy sweaty trainer use without drowning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jabra 65t Active... so far they work really well for me. I am also a heavy sweater.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Photive Sport from Amazon.
$40.
  • True Wireless (I only use the right one and do not worry about cords or anything).
  • Charging case.
  • Stay put in my ears better than any other headphones. (Although I did tie a small rubber band to them that I then loop around by helmet strap "just in case").

https://www.amazon.com/Photive-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Charging/dp/B072YJCMK9/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1538666015&sr=1-4&keywords=photive+sport+headphones

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently using jay bird run and having no issues. I can’t speak on to many other brands but what I can say is stay away from Monster.

Horrible experience after horrible experience. Maybe it’s because I’m a heavy sweater or maybe it’s a crappy product. Regardless, bad customer service and 6-8 weeks for a replacement pair.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
I am currently using jay bird run and having no issues. I can’t speak on to many other brands but what I can say is stay away from Monster.

Horrible experience after horrible experience. Maybe it’s because I’m a heavy sweater or maybe it’s a crappy product. Regardless, bad customer service and 6-8 weeks for a replacement pair.

Good luck
jaybird customer service was great for a while. No need to send the bad buds back, take a picture of the product with a cut wire and the new set was on the way in the next few days. I had no issues with connectivity and comfort was great... just not reliable.

however, it was a recurring problem every 2-3 months or so.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Apple AirPods. I thought I would have issues with them falling out but it hasn't happen.

I've tried a lot of different earbuds wired and wireless and none even remotely compare to my Apple AirPods....

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love a single ear bone headphone but i can't find one anywhere. Surprisingly, i found zero options for a single ear earbud setup period. People dont seem cocerned with maintaining situational awareness i guess. I ended up getting the Jabra elite and use only the right ear to listen to podcasts while working around the house etc, but its right stereo only. I think you can change your phone to output mono but it's a hassle.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmounts wrote:
ffmedic84 wrote:

I've tried a lot of different earbuds wired and wireless and none even remotely compare to my Apple AirPods....
+1
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Jabra 65t Active... so far they work really well for me. I am also a heavy sweater.

2nd this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive tried a lot of earphones and ear buds over the years and ended up going with airpods last year - not on the expectation that they would last but that i'd have an apple store to go to for a warranty replacement on the spot rather than having to go through the hassle of sending them off. They are still working fine though - the only other ones that have lasted me this long was a sony walkman swimming mp3 player i had a few years ago (although that was hopeless for swimming it at least stood up to sweat)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use plantrontics backbeat fit and my girlfriend uses JBL Endurance Sprint

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zambony wrote:
jaybird customer service was great for a while. No need to send the bad buds back, take a picture of the product with a cut wire and the new set was on the way in the next few days. I had no issues with connectivity and comfort was great... just not reliable.

however, it was a recurring problem every 2-3 months or so.

This sums up my experience as well.
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 4, 18 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wacomme wrote:
dmounts wrote:
ffmedic84 wrote:

+1

This is great to see as my AirPods are an essential part of my life now. That said, I haven’t used them for sport. Do they hold up to sweat exposure?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you like open ear earbuds (e.g. you don't like in-ear buds or want to keep situational awareness). The plantronics backbeat series are great. I have the new 3100 series.

Because it has over-the-ear ear hooks, you don't have to wonder if they will stay fit. They simply will not fall out.

Sound quality is not the best though.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Oct 4, 18 11:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bose Soundsports. I blew through several other brands and my current Bose ones have lasted 3+ years with heavy sweat and numerous pop-up thunderstorms. They stay in the ear and are comfortable enough to wear for transatlantic flights. In fact, I get less ear fatigue with these than I do with higher-end noise cancelling buds or over the ear. I've been eyeing the newer version which are bluetooth enabled.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The regular Backbeat Fit's work for me now, but I may try those.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I use plantrontics backbeat fit ...

+1. I don't like in-ear buds because the seal blocks out too much of the environment. If a car's going to hit me while I'm running, I want to know beforehand :) (And I would never use earbuds while cycling.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zambony wrote:
I am killing ear buds after ear buds and I am so tired!

I killed sooo many Jaybird X1, X2 it is not even funny and now the deny warranty claiming that the lifetime warranty against sweat is on the 2 years life of the battery. Bought a set of anker soundbuds flow on amazon for cheap, last 2 rowing sessions.

What is working well for you? I am an heavy sweater. Wires don’t works because of the rowing movement and track.

Same here. I row and use the skierg and both allow a lot of sweat to pool in the ear canal. I've yet to have anything last more than 6 months. I've pretty much give up, but I now have neighbors so I can't play my blue tooth speaker at 0500 anymore so I'm on the lookout again.

Seems pretty hopeless though.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntc wrote:
I would love a single ear bone headphone but i can't find one anywhere. Surprisingly, i found zero options for a single ear earbud setup period. People dont seem cocerned with maintaining situational awareness i guess. I ended up getting the Jabra elite and use only the right ear to listen to podcasts while working around the house etc, but its right stereo only. I think you can change your phone to output mono but it's a hassle.

With the Apple Airpods, you can use either ear piece by itself, left or right, or both obviously.
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [zcanody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t run with the bluetooth version of these; they don’t lastmore than a few hundred yards in my ears; but great for indoor cycling.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 4, 18 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: best ear buds for sports. [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? They look to be the same shape as regular ones which definitely don’t stay in my ears running...what about these are different??
Quote Reply

Prev Next