Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione
Quote | Reply
my saddle is an Arione. love it. totally comfy on long rides or the sprint I did yesterday. trouble is, that little point in the back makes it practically impossible to put any kind of cages behind the saddle. I've tried a saddlewing and single-cage minoura holder--no luck. any suggestions? I have a Soloist (aero seatpost), so I can't use something like a pd aquarack. I'm at my wits' end and kind of frustrated. given all the people out there with Ariones, I would think that this would have been encountered before. do I just try to go find another saddle?

thanks for suggestions.

Re: behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione [fuzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a flat wing on mine, works fine. I like it better than the saddle wing as it keeps the bottles lower for mount/dismount and somewhat out of the air draft coming off your back.
Quote Reply
Re: behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. I'll try it. and it will be nice not to have to do the high kick every time I mount and dismount. :) always a pain with the saddlewing.

Re: behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione [fuzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the minoura double and it works fine. Not sure why you cant get it to work. I know it will work, so you may want to try again. Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Minoura also, no real proble, but the tops of the bottles are right there at my butt-if I push back a little I can feel them.
Quote Reply
Re: behind-saddle bottle holders on Arione [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe that's it. the minoura cage holder I have is a single. I think perhaps the double goes further back? I just wasn't stoked about getting something else from minoura when what I had didn't work. good to know that it works just fine with the arione.

thanks a bunch