Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ?
Quote | Reply
Historically I've used Dan Dixon's training for HIM. This online product looks interesting. Have any of ST team looked through it? I have no connection to the company, other than signed up for a month of membership.

https://app.athletica.ai/
Quote Reply
Re: athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ? [ssylwester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using it for a few months and have been very happy. Caveat: I have not worked with a coach or online system before, just wrote out my own training plans. I'm also very bad at sticking to a schedule, although this is forcing me to be a bit more disciplined. I believe they have some Maffetone logic in the system - there is a MAF test early on, and they have a series of videos with him on YouTube - so if your philosophy is not aligned with this you might not be thrilled. Anyway, there is lots of information about their approach on the website.

Pros:
  • Their service is excellent. Responses to questions are very quick and thorough. I think the founders have replied to me a couple of times - it's not a bot.
  • Pricing seems fair? Didn't really shop around that much. Cheaper than a human, more expensive than a book...
  • The adjustments the system to makes to your workouts are instantaneous once you record the necessary information from your previous workout. For example, one day I was in a bad mood and ran a very hard workout rather than the easy one I had scheduled, and it lightened up the next two days a bit. When a workout is rated very easy it might beef up the next day.
  • These adjustments appear logical.
  • If a change is made buy the system, you can see the original workout to understand what has changed.
  • Ability to shift workouts around within the week by sliding them.
  • Workouts are clear and easy to follow.
  • Decent metrics.

Cons:
  • Works best with Garmin Connect. I am using Strava to connect (grudgingly) because I have Coros devices.
  • The adjustments the system to makes to your workouts are instantaneous, which means if you have set up a workout on your watch or computer in advance, it may change by the time you get to the workout. (There is a setting to limit adjustments, I believe.)
  • You can't slide a workout to the following week natively yet, so if you have a long ride scheduled Sunday and there is a hurricane, you can't slide it to Monday. (Coaches can, and there is a way to do it using the Garmin system, I believe.)
  • Doesn't love it when you do a lot of other activity. In my case, I am using it mainly to get back into run shape, but when I do a few long rides in a week it gently scolds me about being "too fit on the bike for this plan," and it will adjust down some of the run workouts accordingly. This is probably on me as I could have configured my hours differently at set-up. Once I finish my A-Race and set up a new program later this fall, I will start from scratch.

Quote Reply
Re: athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Once I finish my A-Race and set up a new program later this fall, I will start from scratch.

I know this is a year old thread, but I wanted to follow up and get an update on your progress.

Are you still using athletica?
How was your A-Race last year/this year?
Are you setting it for triathlon or just swim or bike or run?
Do the workouts, individually and as a plan, keep you interested?
Are you still subscribed?

For everyone, anyone else using Athletica, Xert, or ???? I've been using a couple of plans I purchased on TP. They are not "intelligent" at all, of course. To make adjustments to future workouts doesn't require true "AI" capabilities. Are there other products out there that have progressed enough to have good results for non-FOP AGers wanting to get faster?

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No first hand experience, but there is a bigger thread over on the TrainerRoad forum where one of the scientists has responded to a number of questions. Certainly looks like an interesting app.

https://www.trainerroad.com/...-athletica-ai/82882/
Quote Reply
Re: athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using it for all my races this year and love it. I finished first in my AG in a 70.3 and in the top 10% at 70.3 world champs in Lahti.

Athletica plan includes multiple significant types of sessions for each discipline: recovery (after hard WE or races), HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training)/VO2max, Threshold for speed, Strength (paddle for swim, low cadence for bike, hills for run), Z2/Fatmax/VLAmax. Each week also includes 2 strength sessions. When you are not ready or do not like a session, you can use the workout wizard, which offers other options to execute the intent.

Their AI is like having a personal coach. It tweaks your plan based on how hard you're going or if you're taking it a bit easy – just like having a top-notch coach in your corner. Plus, the workouts sync up with Garmin, and you can hop onto Zwift in a flash. The whole platform's constantly evolving; they're all ears for athlete input. You can chat about it on their forum; even the founder/scientist chimes in often!
Quote Reply
Re: athletica.ai online training program (Swim Bike Run), Paul Laursen .. looks good, any reviews ? [jguionnet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is really interesting to hear - thanks!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply