Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone know IM's policy on europeans not being able to race in USA
Quote | Reply
I have an entry to IM florida which was deferred last year due to injury but also covid. However as yet I cant actually get into the country and its looking increasingly unlikely ....anyone have any experience with st george or other???
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know IM's policy on europeans not being able to race in USA [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Breaking news this morning on a few news sites that the US is about to ease travel restrictions for fully vaccinated foreign visitors including the EU and UK. I'm curious to see if the Canada/US border closure which is due to be renewed tomorrow is cancelled. I have an IMFL deferral as well.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know IM's policy on europeans not being able to race in USA [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found Ironman was actually pretty good with deferrals for Covid related travel restrictions. I had two races in the US this fall that I can't do (for an unrelated reason), and I emailed asking if I could defer to the next year. They both got back to me within a couple of days with the same copy/paste covid messaging:

"Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear that you are unable to attend 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 Washington. Within the guidelines of our internal COVID-19 protocols, we can accommodate a request for a deferral to 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Washington, but we are unable to offer withdrawal options beyond this. Please review the below and confirm if you wish to proceed. 

Your entry for the 2021 race will be canceled without a refund
The entirety of your 2021 entry fee will be applied to your 2022 registration
We will send you a registration link next year for the 2022 race when general entry for the event opens
Any additional purchases (i.e. FinisherPix, merchandise, the Event Registration Protection) will not defer over to 2022
Should you be unable to compete in your 2022, you will not be eligible for any additional accommodation (i.e. refunds, transfers, deferrals)
Once you have made this choice you are not eligible to re-register for the 2021 event

If you are a payment plan athlete, all three payments must be complete in order to use this option.
If you understand the above, please let me know, and I can begin processing. Thank you! "

I replied and got the deferral link within a few days.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know IM's policy on europeans not being able to race in USA [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no success with IM on this as it was a 2019 race entry that has already been deferred once in 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know IM's policy on europeans not being able to race in USA [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot, yeah these were both 2020 races originally. They did make it pretty clear that I wouldn’t be allowed to defer it again.
Quote Reply