anyone do geocaching?
Quote | Reply
A friend from school has turned me on to www.geocaching.com

It looks like a blast. Anyone tried it?

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: anyone do geocaching? [scout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's good fun. I haven't done it in a while, and have only found about 10 caches total but I'll do more I'm sure. The better caches will take you to interesting locations you'd never otherwise experience and encourage you to stop and smell the roses, something most of us should do more of. If you like trail running or mountain biking, depending on the caches you target you can combine it with those activities to get a workout at the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a fun activity I do with my kids. We look for easy ones nearby, the kids are young. Our first cache was "Coffin Rock" from the Blair Witch Project.

greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been doing it off and on for a while now. I've found 38 caches in the last 12 days thanks to a spell of nice weather! I have 111 finds total.

If you liked easter egg hunts as a kid (who didn't?) and you like high tech gadgets (how many triathletes don't?), you'll probably enjoy geocaching.

I've done a bit of geojogging and geobiking lately. Basically, I get a list of geocaches in my GPS and see how quickly I can run/bike from one to another. It's a fun way to mix up the normal running/cycling routine.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: anyone do geocaching? [MarkRebuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen.

I started a post about this after christmas, and it seeemed I was all alone. I got a ForeRunner 201 for christmas and quickly realized that it not only let me run wherever I wanted while easily calculating distances, but I could run from geocache to geocache during training runs which so far this winter has really helped with motivation and makes running more exciting. I used to run treadmill 95% all season. I plan on reversing that come warmer weather. I can't wait until spring hits and I can get out every day for a GeoCaching run.
Quote Reply