Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any thoughts on aquaman wetsuits?
Quote | Reply
After swimming in Lake MI last Sunday at the Mackinaw tri, I have decided I REALLY want a wetsuit before the Steelhead this weekend. I talked with the Aquaman dealer at Mackinaw and he said he will be at Steelhead expo on Friday, with my size in stock. I know that ideally I should try on several and compare, but it's a little late in the game for that. So, any thoughts on the aquaman suits? If it fits, I will probably grab it and wear it. As you can tell, I am a bit unprepared. I think it keeps racing more fun!
Quote Reply
Re: any thoughts on aquaman wetsuits? [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely love my Bionik. The neck is the most comfortable I've tried, and the thing comes off very, very quickly. The reverse zipper and wider arm and leg openings are very well thought out, in my opinion. I'm a swimmer by background, so I'm a bit picky with what interferes with my stroke, and I find it very comfortable in the water.

There's a reason so many ITU racers use them.

And no, I have no connection to the company at all, just a very satisfied customer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I come from a swimming background also, and really don't want something that I feel interferes with my stroke. Good to get another "fish" opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ABSOLUTELY recommend an Aquaman wetsuit. As a surfer and a muscular chick I have gone through A LOT of wetsuits and my Aquaman is the BEST I have ever owned. I don't think I will ever buy another kind. My suit is the sleeveless with legs. My friend, she swims in a full Aquaman suit and also loves it. While I am sure that Emmanual will have your size, our local swim shop also has Aquaman suits so you should be set in finding your size before the race. By the way, I swam yesterday and it was BEAUTIFUL. Saturday is going to be a blast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy with the quality and performance of both my Aquaman Bionik wetsuits. Sleeves and no-Sleeves. They fit my body proportions very well.

I have read that the Bionik and Meta-Cell are longer in the Body than the Pulsar and the Blitz so you really need to try them on to make sure you have the right fit.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a metal cell and LOVE it! It comes off faster than another other suit I have tried because the legs are cut up. Also, I love the zipper pulling up to come off. Much easier to do.

The only downside is I have to have some always zip it up for me.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has a zipper, very 20th century.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't say enough good things about Aquaman...and Emmanuel's customer service.

my Bionik is a few years old, has lots of miles on it, and is a well designed and built piece of equipment. it helps me go smooth. pay heed to Emmanuel's instructions on how best to get it on...those instructions will save you a world of grief.

the reverse zipper is kinda strange...but you'll get the hang of it in no time.

go fast.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the Aquaman Metal Cell and the QR Superfull.
The Aguaman is warmer, much more durable (not one finger tip tear in 2 years), has a much better zipper and seems to have more flotation.

The QR is more flexible in the shoulders although with the sleeves pulled up the Aquaman is OK. I also had to have the zipper replaced and more finger tip cut repairs than I can count.

Bottom line, no repairs or need for repairs of any kind for the Aquaman.

"You know you are getting old when you see your father in the mirror." anon.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply