Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: aerosuits for women??? [stream26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone. It's Kebby again from Coeur Sports. I hope it's ok if we ask a product question related to the one piece aero suits. We're putting the finishing touches on our aero suit that we'll debut in Kona this year and are going back and forth on sleeves. We'd love some feedback. Do you have a preference on sleeved versus no sleeves for your one piece tri suits?

Thanks!

Kebby
https://www.coeursports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Charlotte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Kebby, sleeves please!

Also, Tri3 I'm with you on the Zoot suit -- that zipper won't stay up!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deal! And thanks for the feedback. That's the way we were leaning. We're about to go into production and the factory said we had one chance to remove the sleeves before they started sewing.

Kebby
https://www.coeursports.com/collections/triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer no sleeves -- no sleeves in my jerseys, my regular clothes, my wetsuit, or much of anything else except loose jackets -- but you could probably persuade me to try them, at least (I race in team gear, though, so I am not sure where I'd use a sleeved tri suit). I do like my Coeur gear although I would like the bottoms even more with a much lower waistband (catches on my navel ring!) and a longer inseam. :)
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good information and thank you. We definitely get a lot of feedback on the longer inseams and will be releasing more designs with the 7" versus the 5" next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote is sleeves. It's nice to be able to combine fast with sun protection and there are plenty of sleeveless 1 peice suits already available.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the great feedback. We did go ahead and start production of the aero suits and left the sleeves on. We really appreciate the chance to get this type of direct feedback and hope we didn't get sideways with any Slowtwitch rules.

Kebby
https://www.coeursports.com
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Kebby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to see the Coeur 1-piece aero suit, and a 7" inseam! :D Do you think you might offer a one-piece suit without sleeves at some point?
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. We actually started with the "no sleeve" version and then sleeves became quite the rage. If there is enough demand, we'll definitely speed up production of the sleeveless!

Thanks and happy training & racing!

Kebby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply, Kebby! Really excited to see these new products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kebby,

Just seeing this and not sure which way you've gone or if you are still deciding on the sleeves vs no sleeves.

If you remove the sleeves it's not going to be aero, especially compared to other aero sleeved options. Skin is slow.

We've seen on the extreme end a 35w difference between sleeves and no sleeves, no sleeves being slower. On avg I'd say at least 15-25w slower, or ~ 4.5 to about 8 min slower over 180k.

Food for thought. I do applaud you guys for creating a women's specific sleeved aero suit. Their is a dent in the desk I've banged my head against trying to convince companies of the importance of being 1st to market in this.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I should probably clarify my earlier post -- I'm psyched both about the prospect of a sleeved aerosuit, and also about a regular sleeveless one-piece Coeur tri suit (which of course wouldn't be as aero)... since their offering currently consists of 2-piece tops and bottoms. :)

Edited to add -- Brian, I echo your 'head banging on the desk' over this gap in clothing offerings. As a small woman, even the smallest sizes of "unisex" aerosuits on the market would be too big, creating wrinkles and poor fit that would negate the aero benefit. Do companies think women don't care about being fast? Or did they just ignore that whole segment of the market because fewer women race than men? Frustrating. So hats off to you guys, Coeur!
Last edited by: surroundhound: Oct 6, 16 15:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I was wondering when the debut would happen for people not in Kona? I don't see a sleeved one piece on Couer's website yet, so hopefully haven't missed it. I imagine this could sell out quickly and hope to be on the lucky vs unlucky side of that. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, have any of your athletes tried the Wattie aerosuit/do you have any views or info about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian! That's great to know. We did end up going with the sleeves. We're glad we did given the numbers you referenced!
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tsunami! We did a fairly small run (~200 pieces) of the one piece suits and took about half of them to Kona and left the other half in the office. We're still in Kona (catching up on email before the big race tomorrow), but when we get back, we'll set up the new kits on the site. We were lucky enough to have Jay Prashun from Lava Magazine shoot some pictures of the new one piece suits on the Big Island, so we'll have some great images to work with.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, advice, and comments!

Kebby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool beans, will keep my eyes peeled!

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone wants to know how the aerosuits should fit, check out Daniela Ryf's suit. I saw a lot of AGers with ones that are way too loose
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually chatted with Sean and Heather at a race in March right before aero camp. He said he was going to send some suits but they never arrived. We've never tested them, I do have several athletes on the Wattie team that wear them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Do companies think women don't care about being fast?

Kirsten,

I've talked with and tested a ton of women, from pro to age groupers about this. Well above 50%, including pro's say cute first fast second.

We've even had pros who groaned when they learned how much faster the aero kits were vs 2 piece tops. 1-2 min can be a significant financial difference in races for pros or the difference between KQ or 70.3 qualifying or staying home

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow.
Well, I'm certainly not fast enough to give up speed in favour of kit aesthetics. Though I do say life's too short to ride an ugly bike. ;) And I'll admit to being a bit of a nerd about this stuff... had an animated discussion about rolling resistance and tire pressure/width over drinks recently. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Coeur sleeved suit is up on their site now. Darn, it's got short shorts and pink. It's made of vented fabric and has open pockets. Cudos for the sleeves, but the rest of the features don't seem to be maximizing aero.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll take a look
Did you see what Miranda Carfae (spelling?) wore. That seemed like it might be a good choice. I just wish I could try it on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has Castelli logos on it. Maybe a San Remo? Only made in male sizes, last time I checked.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
We've even had pros who groaned when they learned how much faster the aero kits were vs 2 piece tops. 1-2 min can be a significant financial difference in races for pros or the difference between KQ or 70.3 qualifying or staying home

I'd agree on that -- my n = 1 is that it's much much harder for women to pull a one-piece up and down over rounder hips/narrow waist and a wet sports bra. Even if you prefer to pee on the bike, you probably also head for the bathroom at least twice between getting dressed and getting in the water.

Plus many of us are not the same size top/bottom, or shorter/taller than the rise on a one-piece allows -- my tailor for example took 2 full inches from the middle of my XS/women's one-piece sleeveless (a true challenge to do that with that fabric, and also not alter the sponsor names). It's a good bet that an XS with sleeves would be both too long-waisted for me and the armpits would be in the wrong spot to fit my bra/cup size comfortably.
Quote Reply

Prev Next